Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets Description
Olmin Ch Tablet is a combination medicine. It is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone (also called chlortalidone) as active substances.
|You Save||₹30.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(6.25 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(6.25 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
- Ctd O 6.25/40mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 217.60₹ 184.96₹ 18.5/Tablet
- Winbp Ct 40/6.25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 291.09₹ 247.43₹ 24.74/Tablet
Uses of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
For the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to olmesartan medoxomil, chlorthalidone or any other ingredients of Olmin Ch Tablet
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you have jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If your urine output in 24 hours is very low (less than 100ml).
- If you are taking any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
Can I take Olmin Ch Tablet during pregnancy?
Olmin Ch Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy. When pregnancy is detected, stop taking this medicine immediately and contact your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Olmin Ch Tablet while breastfeeding?
Olmin Ch Tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as there is limted safety data available, hence consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olmin Ch Tablet?
Olmin Ch Tablet may cause dizziness or fatigue. If you experience any side effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Olmin Ch Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Olmin Ch Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine such as dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting or are dehydrated
- You have low blood pressure
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like ramipril, lisinopril, aliskiren, etc
Mode of Action of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Olmin Ch Tablet works by the combined action of both its components - olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone (also called chlortalidone).
- Olmesartan medoxomil works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Chlorthalidone lowers blood pressure by increasing the excretion of water and sodium through urine.
Directions for Use of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
- Olmin Ch Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olmin Ch Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, or are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure, potassium supplements, painkillers, amiloride, spironolactone, lithium, colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood)....
Storage and disposal of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
- Store Olmin Ch Tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Olmin Ch Ls 40mg Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Olmin Ch Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Olmin Ch Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Olmin Ch Tablet?
A: Olmin Ch Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: What is the composition of Olmin Ch Tablet?
A: Olmin Ch Tablet is a combination medicine containing olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone (also called chlortalidone).
- Olmesartan medoxomil 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Olmesartan medoxomil 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- THALITONE (chlorthalidone) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.