Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
Olmetor M 50mg Tablet Description
Olmetor M Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing metoprolol and olmesartan. As it controls your blood pressure within normal limits, it also r
educes the risk of blood complications like a heart attack and stroke in future. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Olmetor M Tablet.
- Pinom M 50mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 222.40₹ 189.04₹ 18.90/Tablet
- Olmezest Beta 50mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 216.00₹ 183.60₹ 18.36/Tablet
- Olsar M 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 203.05₹ 172.59₹ 17.26/Tablet
- Olmesar M 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 275.00₹ 233.75₹ 15.58/Tablet
Uses of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
Contraindications of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, metoprolol or any other ingredients of Olmetor M Tablet
- If you suffer from heart problems like heart block, heart failure, shock, sick sinus syndrome, slow heartbeats, low blood pressure.
- If you have any kidney disease or diabetes and are being treated with a medicine containing aliskiren (for low blood pressure)
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you are pregnant (more than 3-months)
Side effects of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
- Flu-like symptoms
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your liver, kidneys, lungs
- You have diabetes or thyroid problems
- You are suffering from a condition – Pheochromocytoma
- You are going to undergo any major surgery
- You have a history of allergic reactions.
- You have severe diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
Mode of Action of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olmetor M Tablet works by the combined action of both the components - olmesartan & metoprolol
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance (angiotensin) in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Metoprolol works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body....
Directions for Use of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
- Olmetor M Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Never change the dose or stop this medicine on your own
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olmetor M Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines to treat your blood pressure problems, heart problems, etc.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Storage and disposal of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
- Olmetor M Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture & heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Olmetor M 50mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olmetor M Tablet used for?
Q: What does Olmetor M Tablet contain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- METOCARD XL 50 [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]