Olmax M 50mg Tablet
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olmax M 50mg Tablet Description
Olmax M 50mg tablets are used to treat high blood pressure. It contains metoprolol and olmesartan medoxomil that help prevent future complications due to hypertension, like heart attack and stroke.
|Contains||Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||treatment of hypertension|
|Side effects||headache, dizziness, bradycardia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
- Treatment of hypertension
Contraindications of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
- Second or third-degree heart block
- Uncontrolled heart failure
- Clinically relevant sinus bradycardia
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Prinzmetal's angina
- Heart attack
- Severe peripheral arterial disease
- Asthma or history of bronchospams
- Untreated phaeochromocytoma
- Metabolic acidosis
- Concomitant use of calcium channel blockers
- Biliary obstruction
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Allergy to the active components of this tablet
Side effects of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
Is Olmax M tablet safe to use during pregnancy?
You should not take Olmax M tablet if you are pregnant, as animal studies have shown evidence of harmful impact on the fetus. Consult your doctor if you plan to get pregnant or get pregnant during this medication.
Can I take an Olmax M tablet while breastfeeding?
The contents of this medication are known to pass into breast milk in small amounts. Therefore, please consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine and avoid using this tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed an Olmax M tablet?
Avoid driving, using heavy machinery or doing activities that require alertness. Consumption of this tablet may result in dizziness, blurred vision and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol with an Olmax M tablet?
You must limit alcohol intake during the medication period because it can lower your blood pressure and intensify the side effects like drowsiness. Therefore, alcohol consumption should be avoided as much as possible.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of liver diseases
- You have severe liver or kidney impairment
- You have a cardiovascular disorder
- You have obstructive biliary disorder
- You are suffering from Prinzmetal's angina
- You recently had a heart attack or heart surgery
- You have diabetes mellitus
- You have congestive heart failure
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency
- You have any kind of infection
- You are allergic to Metoprolol or Olmesartan Medoxomil
Mode of Action of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Metoprolol is a cardioselective beta-1 adrenergic receptor inhibitor that decreases cardiac output by negative ionotropic, thereby reducing the heart rate, improving the blood flow and lowering blood pressure. In addition, Olmesartan medoxomil blocks the vasoconstrictor effects of angiotensin II, and as a result, olmesartan relaxes the blood vessels lowering the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor
- Do not break, chew or crush the tablet
- Swallow it with a glass of water
Interactions of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Anaesthetic drugs, when taken with this tablet, may attenuate reflex tachycardia and increases the risk of hypotension
- Metoprolol should not be used with calcium channel blockers since it might cause bradycardia
- Concomitant administration of tricyclic antidepressants, barbiturates may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect
- NSAIDs, when given with beta-blockers, reduce their antihypertensive effect
- Digitalis glycoside, in association with beta-blockers, may increase the auriculo-ventricular conduction time
- Concomitant use of potassium-sparing diuretics with olmesartan may lead to an increase in serum potassium levels
- When olmesartan is administered with a bile acid sequestering agent, the systemic exposure and peak plasma levels are lowered.
- The bioavailability of olmesartan was reduced slightly after treatment with an antacid
Storage and disposal of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture
- Keep the medicines away from pets and children
- Properly discard the tablets if expired or no longer used
Dosage of Olmax M 50mg Tablet
If someone has overdosed on this medication, rush to the nearest hospital and consult a doctor. Symptoms like fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, etc., might be experienced.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if the next dose is approaching, take it at the right time. Do not take two doses at once.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
A: You should limit salt intake and unhealthy packaged food; you should also try to maintain and restrict meat intake and eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
Q: What should I tell my doctor before starting the medication?
A: You should give detailed information about your medical and surgical history and allergies. You should also inform the doctor about your current diseases like diabetes, kidney problems, etc. If you experience any severe side effects, tell your doctor immediately.
Q: Can I stop the medication now that I feel better?
A: You should not stop the medicine; if you stop the medication abruptly, you can suffer an irregular heartbeat and a sudden spike in blood pressure. Instead, your doctor will inform you to stop taking this medicine based on your condition by gradually decreasing the dose.
Q: Can I give this medicine to my partner who has a similar condition?
A: You should never give your medicine to anyone, even if they have similar symptoms or suffer from the same condition. If someone is suffering from similar symptoms, they should see the doctor and only take the medicines prescribed by the doctor. Do not self-medicate.
- Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5345/smpc#gref
- Olmesartan Medoxomil 20 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7988/smpc#gref
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Does Masturbation Cause Weight Loss? Debunking Sexual Health Misconceptions
Key Highlights: Introduction Masturbation has many myths around it. One such myth claims it can lead to weight loss. There may be some truth to the energy spent during the act. Whether it leads to weight loss is what will be discussed in this article. We will also debunk any misunderstandings, talk about other ways
Foods That Fight Nausea During Pregnancy: Guide For Expecting Mothers
Key Highlights: Introduction The journey of pregnancy is beautiful but one filled with challenges. A very common problem that most women face is nausea or morning sickness. This blog talks about foods that may help fight nausea during pregnancy. This information may help make your journey more pleasant. As you read on, you’ll come across
What Causes Morning Wood: A Scientific Explanation
Key Highlights: Introduction Morning wood is also known as nocturnal penile tumescence. It’s a phenomenon that many men routinely experience. It doesn’t matter how old men are and it’s not related to sexual arousal. By understanding what causes it, you may be better prepared to take the necessary steps to cope with it. In this
Jalapeno Pepper: Exploring Its Research-Backed Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Do you love adding extra jalapenos on your pizza? Of course you do! This variety of chili pepper can really enhance the taste of pizzas, burgers, subs and everything else! That’s largely because of its spicy flavor! Jalapeno peppers are loved worldwide because of their fiery spice and many health perks. These
Blackstrap Molasses: Uncovering Its Health Benefits and Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Blackstrap molasses is the thick, inky syrup, seen by many as a better choice than refined sugar. While being a sweet byproduct of sugar making, it also carries multiple good nutrients. These may do good things to boost our wellness. A rising number of people are turning to blackstrap molasses. They see
Bladderwrack: Discovering Its Research-Based Health Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction to Bladderwrack For ages, people have turned to bladderwrack (also known as Fucus vesiculosus, a type of brown seaweed that grows in the Baltic Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and North Pacific Ocean. The whole plant is used as medicine), which is rich in nutrients. Planning to eat it? There could be health benefits
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.