Oleanz 5mg Tablet
Oleanz 5 MG Description
Oleanz 5mg tablet is an antipsychotic medicine containing olanzapine as an active ingredient. Oleanz 5mg tablet is used to treat schizophrenia in adults. It is a condition that affects a person's abi
lity to think, feel, express, and behave. It mainly affects the brain. Olanzapine acts by restoring the chemical substance in the brain responsible for conducting brain activities.
Uses of Oleanz 5 MG
Contraindications of Oleanz 5 MG
- If you are allergic to olanzapine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma)
Side effects of Oleanz 5 MG
- Weight gain
- Excessive sleep
- Unusual movement of face or tongue
- Feeling of restlessness
- Increase appetite
- Dry mouth
- Joint pain
- Loss of strength
Precautions and Warnings of Oleanz 5 MG
- It is not recommended to take this medicine if you are pregnant due to a lack of information.
- If a woman is taking this medicine in the last trimester of pregnancy, then the baby may have shivering, weakness, sleepiness, breathing and feeding difficulties.
- If you are planning a pregnancy or think you may be pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of fits.
- You are an old aged person and have loss of memory.
- You experience unusual movements of face or tongue.
- You may experience weight gain, monitor your weight regularly, seek dietician's help.
- You may experience high blood sugar level and high level of cholesterol and regular blood tests are needed to keep a check on these.
- You have a family history of blood clots.
- You are suffering from stroke.
- You have a blockage in your intestine.
- You are suffering from the prostate problem (frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, etc.)
- You are suffering from blood disorders, heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, liver or kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Oleanz 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oleanz 5 MG
Interactions of Oleanz 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Oleanz 5mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking anti-infectives or medicines for the brain-related disorder.
Storage and disposal of Oleanz 5 MG
- Store at room temperature (below 30°C)
- Keep out of reach of children and protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Oleanz 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include rapid heartbeat, aggressiveness, unusual movements (of face or tongue), reduced level of consciousness, confusion, fits, sweating, drowsiness, muscle stiffness, slowing of breathing rate, high or low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm....
- Seek emergency medical attention if you happen to take more of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Oleanz 5mg tablet a sleeping aid?
Q: Does Oleanz 5mg tablet work straight away?
Q: Can I stop taking Olanzapine on my own?
- Olanzapine 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- Olanzapine 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- Olanzapine tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- Olanzapine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 August 2021]