Nudorix 50mg Capsules
Nudorix 50 MG Description
Nudorix Capsule is an immunomodulatory medicine. It modulates the immune system. Nudorix is used to treat lepra reaction of skin as well as white blood cell cancer. It contains thalidomide as an acti
ve ingredient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a certain chemical substance that causes swelling. It also modulates and strengthens the immune system. It kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, thereby preventing the spread of cancer. Take Nudorix as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Nudorix Capsule should be avoided if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Uses of Nudorix 50 MG
- Used to treat skin reactions caused due to leprosy.
- It is also used to treat white blood cell cancer.
Contraindications of Nudorix 50 MG
- If you are allergic to thalidomide or any other ingredients of Nudorix Capsule.
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or of childbearing age.
- If male patients are unable to comply with the contraceptive method.
Side effects of Nudorix 50 MG
- Peripheral swelling
- Decreased blood count
- Abnormal sensations such as pricking and tingling
Precautions and Warnings of Nudorix 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 50 years of age, menopausal or of non-childbearing age.
- You are using any kind of contraceptive method.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have heart disease or conditions.
- You have thyroid or a blood disorder.
- You have kidney or liver damage.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Nudorix.
- You have or experience a tingling sensation or numbness of the extremities.
- You have or had any kind of cancer or cancer lysis.
- You have any active infections.
- You feel sleepy or dizzy.
Mode of Action of Nudorix 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nudorix 50 MG
- Nudorix Capsule is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Nudorix 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Nudorix Capsule works or Nudorix itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, anti-allergic medicine, other cancer medicine or medicine used to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are taking digoxin.
Storage and disposal of Nudorix 50 MG
- Store Nudorix Capsule at room temperature in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Nudorix 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Nudorix Capsule if I feel better?
Q: My husband is on Nudorix. Can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- Thalidomide BMS 50 mg Hard Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 10 June 2022]