Nucoxia Inj 1ml
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1ml Injection in Ampoule
Non ReturnableRead More
Nucoxia Injection contains Etoricoxib, which belongs to a class of medicine known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is used to relieve pain. Nucoxia Injection works by blocking the release of certain substances in the body that are responsible for pain and inflammation. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration it is prescribed for. Some common side effects of Nucoxia medicine are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, injection site pain. Tell your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines, herbs, supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
Nucoxia Injection is used in adults, for a short duration to treat some painful conditions.
Contraindications of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you are taking Acetylsalicylic Acid (Aspirin) or other NSAIDs like celecoxib or get any allergic-type reactions
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney
- If you are below the age of 16 years
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, bleeding from intestine or inflammatory bowel disease
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- If you are suffering from congestive heart failure or heart diseases like ischaemic heart disease (condition when the heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen), peripheral arterial disease (a circulatory problem in which narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to your limbs), or cerebrovascular disease (disorders that affect the blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)read less
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure
Side effects of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or feet (oedema)
- Headache, dizziness
- Injection site pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound (bronchospasm)
- Excessive gas
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion
- Nausea, vomiting
- Tiredness, sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
Can I take Nucoxia Injection during pregnancy?
Nucoxia Injection must not be taken during pregnancy. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued and you should visit your doctor. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Nucoxia Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Etoricoxib passes into human milk. However, this medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nucoxia Injection?
Nucoxia Injection can cause dizziness or sleepiness, if you experience any of these effects, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nucoxia Injection?
No information is available on interactions of Nucoxia Injection when taken with alcohol. However, drinking alcohol while taking this medicine can worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated
- You have stomach ulcers or bleeding
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to heart
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body)
- You have high blood pressure; your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often
- You are suffering from heart, liver or kidney diseases
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increase the chance of heart disease
- You are under treatment for an infection
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding
- You are an aged person (above 65 years)
- This medicine should not be given to patients below 16 years
Mode of Action of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
How Does It Work?
Nucoxia Injection works by blocking the release of certain chemical substances known as Prostaglandins, which are responsible for pain and inflammation in the body, thus relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
- Nucoxia injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood-thinning medicines or anticoagulants such as Warfarin
- Antibiotic like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin
- Medicines used to modify immune response such as Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus
- Medicines used to treat mental illness such as Lithium containing products
- Blood pressure and medicines used for heart disorders such as Enalapril, Losartan and water pills
- Medicines used to treat heart failure and irregular heart rhythm such as Digoxin
- Other medicines such as salbutamol, minoxidil, birth control pills
- Avoid taking this medicine during hormone replacement therapy
Storage and disposal of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
- Nucoxia injection should be stored as mentioned packaging.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nucoxia Inj 1ml
Nucoxia injection will be given by your doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely to give you more or less of this medicine. However, if you think you have got too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of Nucoxia injection may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I consult with the doctor while taking Nucoxia Injection?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints
Q: Can I take Aspirin when I am taking Nucoxia Injection?
- Do not take high dose of Aspirin (above 300m) generally given for pain relief
- Taking this medicine along with such high doses of Aspirin can increase the risk of stomach ulcers
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor
Q: Is Nucoxia Injection safe for use with anticoagulant medicines?
- Nucoxia Injection contains Etoricoxib. Caution is needed when you are using this medicine with anticoagulants as this medicine works by reducing the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins play a crucial role in clotting and its reduced levels may affect the action of anticoagulants. Close monitoring of clotting parameters such as prothrombin time (INR) is recommended during the initiation of therapy and anytime when the dose of Etoricoxib is modified.read less
Q: Is Nucoxia Injection safe during pregnancy?
- Nucoxia Injection should not be used during pregnancy or should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected while on treatment with Nucoxia Injection. It can delay the labour and can lead to malformations in the growing foetus.read less
Other Variants for
Nucoxia Inj 1ml
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved