Norflox 400mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Norflox 400 tablet is an antibiotic medication. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract. It is a combination medicine containing norfloxacin and spores of lactic acid bacillus.
It works by the combined action of both its components. Norfloxacin acts by killing the infection-causing bacteria. Lactic acid bacillus is a probiotic that restores the balance of good bacteria normally present in the intestine and inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria.
This medicine must be taken as prescribed by a doctor. The dose and duration of the treatment with this medicine will be decided by your doctor. It will vary depending on the severity of the infection and other individual parameters. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days.
Any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria. The unnecessary use of antibiotics can make them ineffective for future treatment. Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return of the infection.
Before starting this tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, inform about your detailed medical history & the medicines and supplements you take.
|₹12.02 (14% on MRP)
|Norfloxacin(400.0 Mg) + Lactic Acid(120.0 M)
|Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, indigestion
Uses of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to norfloxacin lactic acid bacillus or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a known history of tendon rupture or tendinitis (develop swelling or pain in your limbs) associated with the use of norfloxacin or antimicrobial agents similar to it.
- If you have a condition of muscle weakness
- If you are known to have low immunity or ulcers or holes (perforations) in the gastrointestinal tract
Side effects of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have tendon or nerve problems
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm and slow heartbeat.
- You have problems with your kidney, liver or lung
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- You are breastfeeding
- You experience fits, restlessness, light-headedness, confusion and hallucinations after receiving treatment with Norflox 400 tablets.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- This medicine is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
- Elderly people may be at risk of developing tendon disorders like tendon rupture.
Directions for Use of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Take Norflox 400 tablet with a glass of water without food (at least 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after a meal/a glass of milk). Swallow it whole, do not break, cut or chew the medicine
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor
- You should have plenty of oral fluids during treatment with this medicine
Storage and disposal of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store Norflox-400 tablets in a cool and dry place, protect from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines and discard them properly. For expiry date, refer the packaging. If only a month is mentioned, the expiry date is the last date of the month.
Quick Tips of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Norflox 400 tablet is used to treat urinary tract infections. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- You should always complete the entire course of treatment with this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose, and do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Norflox 400 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Norflox 400 tablet should be avoided in patients with conditions like myasthenia gravis, tendinitis, tendon rupture, or peripheral neuropathy. Inform your doctor if you have a history or have any of these conditions before starting treatment. ...
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with Norflox 400 tablet.
- Dizziness, nausea, headache, and weakness can occur as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the entire course of this medicine.
Dosage of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Norflox 400 tablets are used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. This medication is a quinolone antibiotic. It works by preventing bacterial growth. This antibiotic only works on bacterial infections....
- Lactic acid bacillus is a probiotic that restores the balance of good bacteria normally present in the intestine that inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. Antibiotics kill both beneficial and harmful bacteria. Lactic acid bacillus stimulates local immunity and promotes water reabsorption in the intestine, thus preventing diarrhoea, which may be caused by antibiotic usage....
Interactions of NORFLOX 400MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Norflox 400 tablet along with nitrofurantoin used to treat infection is not recommended as it may alter the effects of this tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.) may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- You should be cautious when taken along with caffeine, Clozapine, Ropinirole, Tacrine and Tizanidine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with theophylline may cause headache, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, fits, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, shaking and fast heart rate.
- Concomitant use along with blood thinners like Warfarin, Coumadin, etc. may enhance the effects of these medicines.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with corticosteroids taken by mouth or by injection, may increase the chance of tendon injury.
- The use of antidiabetics like Glyburide along with this medicine, can affect your blood sugar level (rare). The doctor may ask you to monitor your blood sugar level regularly.
- Multivitamins (containing iron and zinc), antacids, sucralfate, and didanosine should not be used together with Norfloxacin.
- These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking the Norflox 400 tablet.
- Other medicines like Cyclosporine, Probenecid, Erythromycin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Indapamide and Digoxin should be used cautiously.