Norflox 400mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Norflox 400 mg tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract. It is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines, Norfloxacin and spores of lactic acid bacillus. It should be avoided if you are allergic to it or you develop swelling, pain in your limbs which is associated with the use of Norfloxacin or similar medicines. This medicine should be taken on an empty stomach, should be taken in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. While on treatment with Norflox 400 tablets, you may experience side effects such as dizziness, headache, weakness, sleepiness, dry mouth, nausea, loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion, gas and vomiting. These side effects are mostly temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Norflox 400mg Tablet
Norflox 400 mg tablet is used in the treatment of acute or long-standing or recurrent bacterial infections of the urinary tract.
Contraindications of Norflox 400mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Norfloxacin or Lactic acid bacillus or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a known history of tendon rupture or tendinitis (develop swelling or pain in your limbs) associated with the use of norfloxacin or antimicrobial agents similar to it.
- If you have a condition of muscle weakness
- If you are known to have low immunity or ulcers or holes (perforations) in the gastrointestinal tract
Side effects of Norflox 400mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Constipation, indigestion, gas
- Lack of energy, weakness
- Stomach pain or cramps
- Back pain
- Dry mouth, loss of appetite
- Skin rash, itching
- Blurred vision, chest pain, palpitations (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Norflox 400mg Tablet
Can I take Norflox 400 Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Norflox 400 mg tablet during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Norflox 400 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Norflox 400 mg tablet passes into human milk. Hence, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Norflox 400 Tablet?
Norflox 400 mg tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Norflox 400 Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol while on treatment with Norflox 400 mg tablet without consulting your treating physician.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have tendon problems
- You have nerve problems
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm and slow heartbeat.
- You have problems with your kidney, liver or lung
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- You are breastfeeding
- You experience fits, restlessness, light-headedness, confusion and hallucinations after receiving treatment with Norflox 400 tablets.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- This medicine is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
- Elderly people may be at the risk of developing tendon disorders like tendon rupture.
Mode of Action of Norflox 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that inhibits the production of the genetic material of bacteria. Thus, various substances essential for reproduction or survival of the bacteria cannot be produced by it. This affects their multiplication and they are ultimately killed.read less
- Lactic acid bacillus is a probiotic that restores the balance of good bacteria normally present in the intestine that inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. Antibiotics kill both beneficial and harmful bacteria. Lactic acid bacillus stimulates local immunity and promotes water reabsorption in the intestine thus preventing diarrhoea which may be caused due to antibiotic usage.read less
Directions for Use of Norflox 400mg Tablet
- Take Norflox 400 tablet with a glass of water without food (at least 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after a meal/a glass of milk). Swallow it whole, do not break, cut or chew the medicine
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor
- You should have plenty of oral fluids during treatment with this medicine
Interactions of Norflox 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Norflox 400 mg tablet along with nitrofurantoin used to treat infection is not recommended as it may alter the effects of this tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc) like may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- You should be cautious when taken along with caffeine, Clozapine, Ropinirole, Tacrine and Tizanidine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with theophylline may cause headache, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, fits, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, shaking and fast heart rate.
- Concomitant use along with blood thinners like Warfarin, Coumadin, etc may enhance the effects of these medicines.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with corticosteroids taken by mouth or by injection may increase the chance of tendon injury.
- The use of antidiabetics like Glyburide along with this medicine can affect your blood sugar level (rare). The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Multivitamins (containing iron, zinc), antacids, sucralfate, didanosine should not be used together with Norfloxacin.
- These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Norflox 400 tablet.
- Other medicines like Cyclosporine, Probenecid, Erythromycin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Indapamide and Digoxin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Norflox 400 tablet should be taken on an empty stomach (either 1 hour before or 2 hours after having your meal) as food may interact with its absorption.
Storage and disposal of Norflox 400mg Tablet
Store Norflox-400 tablets in a cool and dry place, protect from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use expired medicines and discard them properly. For expiry date, refer the packaging. If only a month is mentioned, the expiry date is the last date of the month.
Dosage of Norflox 400mg Tablet
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of Norflox-400 tablet as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Norflox 400 mg tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Norflox 400 mg tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure and recurrence of infection.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Norflox 400 mg tablet?
A: Try to take Norflox 400 mg tablet at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with daily activity such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: Is Norflox 400 tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Norflox 400 tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: What are the side effects of Norflox 400 tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or cramps and heartburn while on treatment with Norflox 400 mg tablet.
Q: Can Norflox 400 be used for stomach infection?
A: Norflox 400 tablet are used for treating urinary tract infections. It is not recommended to be used for any other infection unless prescribed a doctor.
Q: What is the difference between Norflox TZ and Norflox 400mg tablets?
A: Norflox TZ and Norflox 400mg tablets differ in their active ingredients. Norflox 400mg tablets contain two active ingredients norfloxacin and lactic acid bacillus. Whereas, Norflox TZ contains three active ingredients norfloxacin, tinidazole and lactic acid bacillus.
Q: Can Norflox 400mg tablets be used as a pain killer?
A: No, Noflox 400mg tablets cannot be used as a pain killers. This medicine is an antibiotic and used for treating specific infections.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved