Nor Metrogyl Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
By LEKAR PHARMA LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea caused by mixed organisms. It contains a combination of ofloxacin and ornidazole as active ingredients. It works by inhibiting the grow
th of causative organisms. Take it as the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration and never miss or skip a dose. Take this medicine after having food. You should complete the entire course of treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition and are on any medication.
|You Save||₹8.00 (10% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)
17 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nor Metrogyl Plus Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Phoflox Oz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.2539.75% CHEAPER₹ 7.23/Tablet
- Powergyl Oz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.00₹ 102.4014.67% CHEAPER₹ 10.24/Tablet
- Oflotas Oz TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.00₹ 91.6523.58% CHEAPER₹ 9.17/Tablet
- Onoff Oz TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 133.70₹ 113.655.25% CHEAPER₹ 11.37/Tablet
- Healing O2 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Healing Pharma India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 127.50₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Zorno TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.45₹ 93.0322.5% CHEAPER₹ 9.3/Tablet
- Brakke Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.00₹ 141.90₹ 14.19/Tablet
- Oflox Oz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.41₹ 132.33₹ 13.23/Tablet
- Ordent TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 169.50₹ 144.07₹ 14.41/Tablet
- Office Oz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.70₹ 44.7962.67% CHEAPER₹ 4.48/Tablet
Uses of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea of mixed infection.
Contraindications of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin, ornidazole or any of the ingredients of the Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
Can I take Nor Metrogyl Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
- Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet should not consumed during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby or lead to pregnancy at risk. Talk to your doctor if your are pregnant or think you may be pregnant....
Can I take Nor Metrogyl Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet passes into the breastmilk which may be harmful to the newborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nor Metrogyl Plus Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness, rigidity or impairment of skills. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Nor Metrogyl Plus Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience tendon rupture, inflammation of tendon, weakness or inability to use one of their joints or any central nervous system effects such as anxiety, low mood, insomnia, severe headaches and confusion. ...
- You experience peripheral neuropathy, including pain, burning, tingling, numbness, weakness or altered sensations.
- You have or had Myasthenia gravis and it worsens.
- You have or had liver, kidney or heart disease.
- You are diabetic and on medication.
- You have or had fits.
- Avoid exposure to direct or indirect sunlight when on Normet Syrup , always use sunscreen.
- You experience any other abnormal symptom.
Directions for Use of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Take this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
Storage and disposal of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy....
Mode of Action of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth further.
- Ornidazole works by stopping the growth of the bacteria or parasites causing the infection.
Interactions of NOR METROGYL PLUS STRIP OF 6 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat acidity such as antacids containing calcium, magnesium or aluminium, with sucralfate decreases the effect of Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicine such as cimetidine may increase the effect of the Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet.
- Concomitant use of the Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet may increase the effect of immunosuppressive medications such as cyclosporin, a medicine used to treat asthma such as theophylline, a medicine used to lower uric acids such as probenecid and blood-thinning medicine like warfarin. ...
- The use of painkillers such as diclofenac, ketoprofen with Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablets may cause harmful effects.
- Concomitant use of blood sugar lowering medications such as insulin, glyburide or glibenclamide with Nor-Metrogyl tablet may alter the blood sugar lowering effect.
- Medicine used to treat fits such as phenytoin, phenobarbital should not be coadministered with Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablets.
- Discuss it with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids
Q: For how many days do I need to take Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet?
A: Take Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Your doctor may prescribe a specific duration based on your disease condition and its severity. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course of it may increase the risk of getting an infection.
Q: Can I take more than recommended dose of Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet to feel better faster?
A: No, taking medicine more than recommended will not make you feel better but will cause unwanted effects like drowsiness, hot and cold flushes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation
Q: Does Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Yes, Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet may make you feel sleepy. This medicine also may make you feel dizzy and light-headed thus in such a case it is advised that you should take rest and not do activities that need mental alertness.
Q: Is Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet safe to use among elderly people?
A: No, Nor-Metrogyl Plus tablet should not be given without consulting your doctor. Elderly people are more prone to suffer from certain medical condition. Normet Syrup needs to be administered cautiously in them. Hence, consulting your doctor is necessary before you start this medicine.
Q: Is Nor metrogyl used for loose motion?
A: Yes, Nor-Metrogyl is an antibiotic medicine that effectively relieves in loose motions or diarrhoea caused by mixed organisms. However, it should be used only after consulting a doctor.
Q: What is the dose of Nor-Metrogyl for adults?
A: The dose of Nor-Metrogyl depends upon the severity of the underlying condition. You should continue using this medicine as directed by the doctor. Do not stop the treatment in between even if you feel improvement in symptoms.
Q: What are the side effects of Nor Metrogyl?
A: Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and dizziness are a few side effects of Nor Metrogyl. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: Is Nor-Metrogyl antibiotic?
A: Yes, Nor metrogyl is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of ofloxacin and ornidazole as active ingredients.
- OFLOX-OZ Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed