O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
O2 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. O2 tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection in adults. It is also used for the treatment of bacterial infections of various organs. O2 tablet works by suppressing the growth of bacteria and kills the bacteria responsible for the infection. O2 tablet is an antibiotic medicine and for effective infection control, you should always complete the course of your antibiotic medicine. Do not take this medicine when not required as it makes it ineffective for future infections. This medicine is associated with some serious side effects such as tendon ruptures, peripheral neuropathy (pins, needles and abnormal pain sensations) and can affect brain functions. In case you experience any of this, discontinue this medicine and inform your doctor. Avoid using this medicine if you have muscle weakness.
Uses of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection in adults.
Contraindications of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin and Ornidazole or any component of O2 tablet.
- If you are allergic to a specific type of medicine called Fluoroquinolone (ask your doctor or nurse if you are not sure).
- If you have or had experienced fits or seizures in past or had epilepsy.
- If you have swelling and inflammation of tendons (tissue connecting muscles to bones).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- This medicine is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Side effects of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Altered taste
- Stomach ache
- Disturbed attention
Precautions and Warnings of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take O2 tablet during pregnancy?
It is preferable to avoid O2 tablet if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take O2 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of O2 tablet can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed O2 tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination after taking O2 tablet. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with O2 tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment with O2 tablet as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have swelling and pain in tendons(tendinitis), experiencing pain and strain in muscles or muscle weakness.
- You are experiencing loose stools, frequent bowel or bloody diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic, your blood glucose can drop, inform your doctor.
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis (weakness or fatigue of muscles).
- You experience suicidal thoughts, feeling low or anxiety immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience fits or have a history of fits, seizure or epilepsy.
- You feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have kidney problems, liver or heart problems.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
Mode of Action of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
O2 tablet works against the infection-causing bacteria as a combined mechanism of its two components. Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth. Ornidazole gets converted into an active form in the body which interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death.
Directions for Use of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take O2 tablet as directed by your doctor with or without food. Complete the course of antibiotics for effective infection control.
Interactions of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- O2 Tablet contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, any interaction which is seen with these two when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with this medicine.
- Certain painkillers if taken along with this medicine can lead to seizures, fits and stimulation of brain activity.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or airway disease (COPD) like Theophylline, if taken along can lead to increased risk of getting side effects.
- Concomitant use of O2 tablet with blood thinners such as warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding, should be used cautiously.
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on an insulin Glibenclamide and thus, careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital should be used cautiously.
- Tell your doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking currently or might take.
Storage and disposal of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store O2 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of O2 tablets include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking O2 tablet?
A: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn. Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.
Q: How long should I take O2 tablet?
A: Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course of this antibiotic or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Does O2 tablet interact with other medicines?
A: Yes, O2 tablet can interact with other medicines like antacids, multivitamins, cimetidine, warfarin and some antidiabetic medicines.
Q: Is O2 tablet safe for use?
A: O2 tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor in the prescribed dosage. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own, complete the course which has been given by your doctor.
Q: Can I give O2 tablet to my 16-year-old son?
A: The effectiveness and safety of this medicine in pediatric patients and adolescents below the age of 18 years is not established. Use of this medicine below the age of 18 years is not recommended.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 06 Feb 2021 | 12:17 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved