O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
O2 tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection in adults. It is also used for the treatment of bacterial infections of various organs. O2 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains ofloxacin and ornidazole in combination as its active ingredients. O2 tablet works by suppressing the growth of bacteria and kills the bacteria responsible for the infection. You should always complete the course of your antibiotic medicine....
|You Save||₹26.95 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg),Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)
Uses of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
O2 tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infection in adults.
Contraindications of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin, ornidazole or any ingredients of O2 tablet.
- If you are allergic to a specific type of medicine called Fluoroquinolone (ask your doctor or nurse if you are not sure).
- If you have or had experienced fits or seizures in past or had epilepsy.
- If you have swelling and inflammation of tendons (tissue connecting muscles to bones).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Altered taste
- Stomach ache
- Disturbed attention
Precautions and Warnings of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take an O2 tablet during pregnancy?
It is preferable to avoid O2 tablets if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take an O2 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of O2 tablets can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed O2 tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination after taking the O2 tablet. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with an O2 tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment with O2 tablet as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have swelling and pain in tendons (tendinitis), experiencing pain and strain in muscles or muscle weakness.
- You are experiencing loose stools, frequent bowel or bloody diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic, your blood glucose can drop.
- You have a condition called myasthenia gravis (weakness or fatigue of muscles).
- You experience suicidal thoughts, feeling low or anxiety immediately inform your doctor.
- You experience fits or have a history of fits, seizures or epilepsy.
- You feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have kidney problems, liver or heart problems.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- O2 Tablet is not recommended in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
O2 tablet works against the infection-causing bacteria as a combined mechanism of its two components. Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus, inhibits their growth. Ornidazole gets converted into an active form in the body which interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death....
Directions for Use of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take O2 tablets as directed by your doctor with or without food. Do not crush, break or chew the tablet. Complete the course of antibiotics for effective infection control.
Interactions of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the it works or the O2 tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with this medicine.
- Certain painkillers if taken along with this medicine can lead to seizures, fits and stimulation of brain activity.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or airway disease (COPD) like theophylline if taken along can lead to increased risk of getting side effects.
- Concomitant use of the O2 tablet with blood thinners such as warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding, should be used cautiously.
- Some medicines can affect the way the O2 tablet works or the O2 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store O2 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of O2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of O2 tablets include drowsiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking an O2 tablet?
A: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn. Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids.
Q: How long should O2 tablets be taken?
A: Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course of this antibiotic or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Does O2 tablet interact with other medicines?
A: Yes, O2 tablets can interact with other medicines like antacids, multivitamins, cimetidine, warfarin and some antidiabetic medicines.
Q: Can I give an O2 tablet to my 16-year-old son?
A: No, you should not give this medicine to your child. The O2 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years.
Q: Can I use an O2 tablet for dental infection?
A: No, O2 tablets should not be used for the treatment of dental infection or any other infection other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: Can O2 tablets be used for dysentery?
A: Yes, the O2 tablet is used for the treatment of dysentery. Dysentery is an infection of the intestines that causes diarrhoea containing blood or mucus.
Q: Can I use an O2 tablet for severe cold?
A: No, O2 tablet is an antibiotic medicine it is not effective against the cold which is caused due by a virus.
Q: Can I take the O2 tablet on an empty stomach?
A: You should take the O2 tablet exactly as told by the doctor. However, it should preferably be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. It is advisable to take it at a fixed time to ensure better efficacy.
Q: What are the side effects of the O2 tablet?
A: Dry mouth, nausea, altered taste, sleeplessness, constipation, disturbed attention, etc. are a few side effects that can be seen during the treatment. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
Q: Is O2 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, the O2 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains a combination of two medicines, ofloxacin and ornidazole as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of diarrhoea due to mixed infections in adults.
- OFLOX-OZ Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
- Ofloxacin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.