Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets Description
Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine that contains a combination of Amoxicillin and Dicloxacillin.
|You Save||₹3.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dicloxacillin(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Dicloxacillin(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
- For the treatment of infection of lungs, throat, urinary tract, ear, tooth, gum, blood and other infections caused by bacteria
Contraindications of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Dicloxacillin or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have ever experienced a serious allergic reaction after taking medicines like Cephalosporin, Carbapenem or Monobactam
Side effects of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash
- Cloudy urine and tooth discolouration
Precautions and Warnings of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
Can I take Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tab during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine in pregnant women is not clearly known and animal studies have not shown any undesirable effects on the developing fetus. Also, it is usually considered safe.
Can I take Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause side effects like diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tab?
You may experience dizziness after taking these medicines which eventually affects your ability to drive and use machines. It is advised if you are experiencing any of these side effects, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tab?
This medicine is known to have side effects like dizziness and stomach problems. Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine
- You have watery diarrhoea, severe stomach pain and fever, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor
- If you have an existing kidney problem, risk of fits increases
- Use this medicine only if your doctor prescribes it. Otherwise, it may lead to drug resistance
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better
Mode of Action of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
It should be taken as a whole with sufficient water. It should be preferably taken on an empty stomach one or two hours before meals.
Interactions of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine
- Other antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides and Doxycycline interferes with the way this medicine works
- This medicine hampers the way oral contraceptive medicines work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms
- Medicines known as blood thinners like Warfarin may not work when taken along with this combination
- Medicines like Methotrexate, Phenytoin and Probenecid
Storage and disposal of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Nodiclox Dt 250mg Tablets
- An overdose of this medicine may cause serious kidney failure
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and fits in patients with existing kidney failure problems
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never missed a dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the course of antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take this medicine for cold and flu as well?
A: No, you cannot take this medicine for treating cold and flu. It is used for treating bacterial infections only, while cold and flu are caused by viruses. So, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
- Ciplamed. NOVACLOX. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Ema. SmPC. Amoxicillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb.Diclocil.[Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- Dailymed.Dicloxacillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Amoxicillin/Dicloxacillin. [Accessed on 24.Feb.2020] (online)
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.