Nobel Spas Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nobel spas tablet is used to relieve abdominal pain caused by muscle spasms. It also helps to relieve pain associated with gases and abdominal discomfort by relaxing the muscles of the stomach. This t
ablet also helps in relieving pain caused by menstrual cramps and other stomach problems. Nobel spas tablet is a combination medicine containing nimesulide and drotaverine as its active ingredient. It is a painkiller and anti-spasm medicine. This medicine is not recommended in children. Long term use of this medicine may cause damage to the liver and kidney. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor at the prescribed dose and duration. You should take the Nobel Spas tablet with food to avoid an upset stomach....
Uses of Nobel Spas Tablet
- Nobel spas tablet is used to relieve abdominal pain caused usually by muscle spasm.
- It can be also used to relieve pain caused due to menstrual cramps.
Contraindications of Nobel Spas Tablet
- If you are allergic to nimesulide, drotaverine or any other components of the Nobel spas tablet.
- If you have a history of allergic reaction to pain killers of class NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
- If you have a history of liver damage due to consumption of pain killers.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from a blood disorder (porphyria).
- If you are suffering from or have a history of stomach and digestive system related ulcers and bleeding disorders.
- If you are suffering from or have a history of blood clotting disorders, brain-related bleeding disorders.
- If you are pregnant (especially in the last 3 months of the pregnancy) or are breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years old.
Side effects of Nobel Spas Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Nobel Spas Tablet
Can I take the Nobel spas tablet during pregnancy?
Nobel spas tablet should not be used during pregnancy especially in the last 3 months as it can be harmful. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Nobel spas tablet while breastfeeding?
Nobel spas tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited safety information available.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Nobel spas tablet?
Nobel spas tablet may cause dizziness, sleepiness and vertigo, you should avoid driving if you experience any of these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with the Nobel spas tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with the Nobel spas tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Nobel spas tablet.
- You experience decreased hunger, nausea, vomiting, headache, stomach pain, tiredness and dark urine. Immediately contact your doctor.
- You are suffering from the digestive system or sores in the upper portion of the small intestine, disorders like ulceration or bleeding in the stomach.
- You have severe liver or kidney problems.
- You have experienced abnormal bleeding issues, blood clotting disorders.
- You have a fever.
- You have heart-related disorders like heart failure.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You are taking painkillers.
- This medicine is to be administered to elderly patients carefully.
- Nobel spas tablet is not recommended in children.
Mode of Action of Nobel Spas Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Nobel spas tablet works by the combined action of both its components - Nimesulide and Drotaverine.
- Nimesulide is a painkiller that relieves pain by blocking the production of a substance known as prostaglandin, which is produced by the body causing symptoms like pain and swelling.
- Drotaverine is a medicine of class antispasmodic medication that works by relaxing the muscles.
Directions for Use of Nobel Spas Tablet
- Nobel spas tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, after a meal.
Interactions of Nobel Spas Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of the Nobel spas tablet along with medicines used to relax the blood vessels to increase blood supply especially during chest pain and heart failure (Isosorbide mononitrate) should bedone with caution drotaverine increases the effect of this medicine....Read more
- It is not advised to administer the Nobel spas tablet in individuals who are on blood thinners (warfarin) and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents like acetylsalicylic acid as it may increasethe risk of abnormal bleeding....Read more
- Concomitant use of the Nobel spas tablet with water pills (furosemide) is not advised as nimesulide interferes with the action of furosemide on sodium-potassium concentrations delaying its excretion from the kidney....Read more
- Caution is advised with the concomitant use of levodopa (antiparkinson medicine), as the antiparkinsonian effect of levodopa may be reduced and muscle rigidity and tremors may worsen due to drotaverine....Read more
- Nimesulide, the active ingredient in nobel spas tablet interacts with the medicine methotrexate (an anticancer and immunosuppressant medicine) increasing its toxic effect.
- This medicine inhibits an enzyme CYP2C9, which is essential in the metabolism of various medicines of class pain killers, oral diabetic medications, blood thinners.
- Nimesulide, the active ingredient in the Nobel spas tablet when given with cyclosporine(ciclosporins: class of medicine used to suppress the immune system) may increase the risk of poisonous/harmful effect on the kidney....Read more
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Nobel Spas Tablet
- Store the Nobel spas tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Nobel Spas Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include weakness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache, feeling tired and pain in the upper region of the stomach, sleepiness. If you have taken too much of the Nobel spas
tablet then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Nobel spas tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedu
le. Make sure there is a sufficient gap between the two doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give the Nobel spas tablet to my child for stomach ache?
A: Nobel spas tablet is not recommended to be used in children. It is advised that you consult your child's paediatrician for the best advice.
Q: Will Nobel spas tablet help relieve my menstrual pain?
A: Nobel spas tablet contains nimesulide which is a painkiller and drotaverine which belongs to the class of antispasmodic medicines which helps relieve menstrual cramps and abdominal pain.
Q: Does Nobel spas tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Nobel spas tablet may cause diarrhoea as a side effect. Contact your doctor if you experience it too frequently or if it is severe.
Q: Can I take the Nobel Spas tablet for headaches?
A: No, the Nobel Spas tablet should not be used to treat headaches. This medicine is mainly used to treat pain associated with muscle spasms.
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 02:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved