Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
20 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets contains Nicorandil as an active ingredient. It is used to prevent & treat chest pain that is related to the heart. Take this medicine only after consulting the doctor. It should be taken in dose and duration as prescribed. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or have any heart diseases. This medicine is not recommended in children. You may experience side effects like headaches, nausea, vomiting, redness of the skin, etc. You should contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets is used for the prevention and long-term treatment of heart-related chest pain.
Contraindications of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Nicorandil or any other components of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are suffering from any heart problems
- If your doctor has told you that you have a build-up of fluid in your lung
- If you are taking medications like vardenafil, sildenafil, etc. to treat impotency or riociguat to treat a lung disease
Side effects of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
- Blurred vision, stomachache, low blood pressure (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Can I take Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets during pregnancy?
It would be preferable if you could avoid using this medicine during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding because it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets?
This medicine may cause dizziness or blurred vision as side effects, thus, you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it is unsafe and may lower your blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from some heart condition.
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You have a low blood potassium level and are on medications for it.
- You notice red, itchy, swollen eyes, experience mouth ulcers, blood in your stools or vomit, etc. after taking Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets.
- Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by improving the blood and oxygen supply of the heart muscle and reducing its workload, thus increasing the blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart.
Directions for Use of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Take Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets exactly as directed by the physician; swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush, or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed the dose more than the recommended amount.
Interactions of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets.
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously with medicine like sildenafil, vardenafil (used to treat sexual problems in men), riociguat (used in lung and heart diseases) as it may lead to a serious drop in blood pressure.read less
- This medicine may alter the effects of certain medicines like captopril (used in heart diseases), Amitriptyline (used to treat mental health) when used concomitantly.
- Medicines like dapoxetine (used in men to treat sexual problems), prednisone (used in asthma) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- This medicine when taken concomitantly along with painkillers like acetylsalicylic acid, naproxen, ibuprofen may increase the risk of complications like bleeding, ulcers in the stomach, and intestines.read less
- You need to be very cautious when taking this medicine along with other medicines that may increase your potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets. Avoid taking this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Overdose of this medicine may lead to a fall in blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc) and fast heart rate. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you experience any of the symptoms, or think you have taken too much of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets?
A: Take it with a glass of water, with or without food or as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole, do not break, cut, or chew the medicine.
Q: Can I take Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets if I am pregnant?
A: You should avoid taking this medicine as there is limited information about its safety for use in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: What are the side effects of Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, skin redness, weakness, fast or irregular heartbeats.
Q: Do I have to take Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets with or without food?
A: This medicine should be taken as instructed by the doctor. It can either be taken with or without food.
Q: Can Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets be used in children?
A: No, it is not recommended for use in children as there is limited information about its safety.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved