Niftas 50mg Tablet
Niftas 50 MG Description
Niftas Tablet is an antibiotic, used to treat and prevent uncomplicated urinary tract infections, caused by infection-causing bacteria. Urinary tract infection is a common infection that happens when
microbes enter the urethra, it is characterised by burning sensation or pain while urinating. Niftas Tablet consists of nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infection.You should always complete the course of treatment, as incomplete treatment may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Uses of Niftas 50 MG
Contraindications of Niftas 50 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of Niftas Tablet.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems including jaundice.
- If you suffer from a blood-related disorder called acute porphyria.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Side effects of Niftas 50 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Niftas 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any respiratory system, kidney, liver-related problems.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Niftas.
- You suffer from anaemia, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency or electrolyte imbalance.
- You develop any brain, kidney or liver-related problem after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Niftas 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Niftas 50 MG
- Niftas Tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, or milk. Take this medicine with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Niftas 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the Niftas Tablet or this Tablet itself can affect the way other medicines works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking.
- Especially, if you are taking antacids, water pills and antigout medicines such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone.
Storage and disposal of Niftas 50 MG
- Store the Niftas Tablets in a cool and dry. Protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of the sight of children and pets.
- Discard off the unused and expired medicine appropriately. Do not flush the medicine into the sink.
Dosage of Niftas 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Niftas Tablets be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop taking the Niftas Tablet if I feel I am recovering?
- CDSCO | Nitrofurantoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Macrobid ® Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Suffering from a urinary tract infection? [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]