Nicardia 5mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By J B CHEMICALS AND PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nicardia 5 MG Description
Nicardia Capsule contains nifedipine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat high blood pressure in adults. Nifedipine in Nicardia lowers the raised blood pressure level. Along with Nicardia, y
ou should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Sudden withdrawal of Nicardia Capsule may worsen the condition.
|You Save||₹2.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, constipation, swelling of the ankles and legs|
Check more medicines with composition as Nifedipine(5.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nicardia 5mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Calcigard 5mg CapsuleBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 17.10₹ 14.5311.59% CHEAPER₹ 1.45/Capsule
Uses of Nicardia 5 MG
Nicardia Capsule is used in adult patients to treat high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Nicardia 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Nifedipine or any other ingredients of Nicardia Capsule.
- If you have taken Nifedipine before and felt that your heart pain had worsened.
- If you experience a sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have any kind of heart problems.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Rifampicin to treat tuberculosis.
- If you have a kock pouch (surgical procedure) in your gut.
- If you suffer from a blood condition called Porphyria.
Side effects of Nicardia 5 MG
- Nausea, vomiting
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion, gas
- Dry mouth
- Skin redness
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Nicardia 5 MG
Can I take Nicardia Capsule during pregnancy?
Nicardia should not be used if you are pregnant as there is limited information about its safety. Animal studies have known to cause harmful effects in the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Nicardia Capsule while breastfeeding?
Nicardia is not recommended to be used in women who are breastfeeding as components of this medicine are likely to pass into your milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nicardia Capsule?
You may experience side effects like dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness or blurred vision while taking Nicardia. Thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nicardia Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Nicardia as it may potentially worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have liver problems.
- You are on kidney dialysis.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You have diabetes, as the treatment may have to be adjusted.
- Nicardia Capsule is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Nicardia 5 MG
How Does It Work?
The heart muscles require calcium for contraction. Nifedipine in Nicardia Capsule works by blocking this calcium from entering the heart muscles and blood vessels, thus relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily....
Directions for Use of Nicardia 5 MG
Take Nicardia Capsule with a glass of water or milk. You may take it with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed the dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Nicardia 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Nicardia Capsule.
- This medicine should not be used concomitantly along with Rifampicin (antibiotic).
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this Capsule and should thus be used cautiously....
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Nicardia Capsule.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit while on treatment with Nicardia Capsule.
Storage and disposal of Nicardia 5 MG
Nicardia Capsule should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Nicardia 5 MG
- Excess of this medicine may lead to irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure. Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness, coma....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Nicardia Capsule if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Nicardia suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: Does Nicardia Capsule cause headache?
A: Some individuals might experience headaches as a side effect after taking Nicardia, which usually goes away over time. However, it is not necessary that everyone experience the same side effect.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- NICARDIA RETARD 20MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- NICARDIA RETARD 10MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- NICARDIA XL 30MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- NICARDIA CD RETARD 30MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- NICARDIA 10MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- NICARDIA XL 60MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- NICARDIA RETARD HS 10MG TABLETS
- NICARDIA RETARD 20MG TABLET
- NICARDIA XL 60 MG TABLET 10'S
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed