Newcita Plus Tablet
Newcita Plus Tablet Description
Newcita Plus is a medication that helps in treating anxiety. It contains two active ingredients, escitalopram and clonazepam. Escitalopram acts on the centres of the brain. This increases the lev
els of a natural chemical known as serotonin. The increase in serotonin helps relieve the symptoms of anxiety. The active ingredient clonazepam acts on the centres of the brain and decreases the occurrence of unnecessary and distressing thoughts of fear and anxiety. Newcita Plus may lead to certain side effects such as nausea, vomiting, loss of sleep, sleepiness, constipation, and fatigue. It may also affect the sexual drive by decreasing the sexual desire and causing difficulty in erection or ejaculation. If any of these symptoms are experienced, please seek medical attention. Newcita Plus should be used with caution in patients of liver and kidney diseases. It may be unsafe for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers. Newcita Plus should not be consumed with alcohol.
|You Save||₹45.92 (28% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, loss of sleep, sleepiness, constipation, fatigue, dullness, lack of concentration, impaired coordination, irritability, depression, sexual dysfunction|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Newcita Plus Tablet
- Anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Newcita Plus Tablet
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Patients with breathing difficulty or COPD
- Patients suffering from glaucoma
- Skin rash or allergy with prior use of this medication
- Skin rash or allergy with prior use of drug citalopram.
Side effects of Newcita Plus Tablet
- Please seek the doctor’s advice if you experience any of the following symptoms
- Loss of sleep
- Lack of concentration
- Impaired coordination
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Newcita Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- The medication should be taken with precaution in patients who suffer from liver disease or kidney disease. In case one suffers from it, please consult your medical practitioner before consuming a Newcita Plus....
Mode of Action of Newcita Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Newcita Plus Tablet
- The tablet should be taken by mouth.
- It should be swallowed.
- It need not be crushed into powder, chewed or taken in parts.
- The dose and duration should not exceed the prescription.
- It should be taken at a fixed time in the day.
- It can be taken before or after the food.
Interactions of Newcita Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This drug should not be combined with other anti-anxiety medications unless prescribed by the doctor.
- Newcita Plus should be avoided if the patient is already on anti-parkinson's medication like selegiline.
- It should be used with caution with medications for psychotic disorders.
- This drug should not be used along with other anti-epilepsy and antidepressants medications.
- The medication also interacts with antibiotic linezolid. Please seek advice from the doctor before starting this medication for other such interactions.
Interactions with food items
- This drug has no interaction with food. It can be taken before or after food. But taking the medication at a fixed time is preferable.