Neutin 0.05 % Description
Neutin Gel is a topical medicine. It contains isotretinoin as its active ingredient, which is a derivative of vitamin A. Neutin Gel is used for the treatment of acne. Acne is a common skin condition
that is caused due to clogging of pores on the skin due to excessive oil secretion. It usually occurs due to hormonal imbalance, stress, climate changes, use of oil-based make-up and an improper diet. To get the maximum benefit from this medicine you should follow basic skincare practice, maintain a healthy diet and avoid the use of oil-based cosmetics on the skin. You should also avoid popping out acne as it can leave a permanent scar on the skin.
Uses of Neutin 0.05 %
Contraindications of Neutin 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any components of the Neutin Gel
- If you have a known history or family history of a certain type of skin cancer.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Neutin 0.05 %
- Skin flaking
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Dry skin and redness
- Skin irritation or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Neutin 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You have sensitive skin or photoallergy, avoid exposure to sunlight and use sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
- You are allergic to foods, dyes, preservatives or any other medicines.
- You are using other medicines for acne, your doctor may ask you to use them at different times.
- You have broken skin, redness of the skin or tiny pimples, sores around your mouth. This gel needs to be used very carefully.
- Neutin Gel is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Neutin 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Neutin 0.05 %
- Wash the affected area with mild soap and pat it dry.
- Apply a thin film of this medicine on the affected area.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight immediately after application.
Interactions of Neutin 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Neutin Gel works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines like benzoyl peroxide should be avoided as it may decrease the ability to give the desired effect of this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the preparations (allopathic or herbal) that are used externally and you are currently using might help to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Neutin 0.05 %
- Store it in a cool and dry place and temperature should be below 30°C
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Neutin 0.05 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acne?
Q: How to use the Neutin Gel?
- Wash the affected area to remove any make-up or cosmetic applied to the skin.
- Pat the skin dry with a clean and soft cloth.
- Put a thin film of medicine on the affected skin using your fingertips.
- Do not apply too much of this medicine or too frequently as it will not help clear acne early.
- ISOTREX® GEL [Internet]. Gp2u.com.au. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
- ISOTREX® GEL [Internet]. Apps.medicines.org.au. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
- Isotretinoin: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
- ISOTRETINOIN ANTI-ACNE GEL FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF P. ACNE INFECTION | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH [Internet]. Ijpsr.com. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].