Neorelax 8mg Capsule
By MEYER ORGANICS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neorelax 8 MG Description
Neorelax Capsule is a muscle relaxant medicine. It contains thiocolchicoside as its active ingredient. Neorelax is used to treat neck pain, back pain and spine-related injury. Thiocolchicoside in Neo
relax blocks the pain pathway by increasing the chemical level in the brain and thus, relaxes muscle contracture. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Neorelax should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach. This Capsule is not recommended for use in children below 16 years of age.
|Uses||Muscular pain, muscle spasm|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, stomach pain, sleepiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Thiocolchicoside(8.0 Mg)
Uses of Neorelax 8 MG
Neorelax Capsule is used for the treatment of back pain, spine-related disorders, neck pain or any traumatic disorder.
Contraindications of Neorelax 8 MG
- If you are allergic to thiocolchicoside or any other contents of Neorelax Capsule.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
- If you are planning a pregnancy and not using any contraceptives.
Side effects of Neorelax 8 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Neorelax 8 MG
Can I take Neorelax Capsule during pregnancy?
No, Neorelax Capsule may pass into the blood of the baby and adversely affect your baby, it is advised to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. If you become pregnant, stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Neorelax Capsule while breastfeeding?
Thiocolchicoside may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby, and hence you must consult your doctor before using Neorelax Capsule while breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Neorelax Capsule?
Neorelax Capsule may cause sleepiness, tiredness. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react, so do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Neorelax Capsule?
Chances of dizziness increase, if you take Neorelax Capsule with alcohol. Even alcohol adds to the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have fits.
- You have rare glucose or galactose malabsorption disease should not take this medicine.
- Neorelax Capsule are not suitable for children below 16 years of age.
- Do not take this medicine beyond the prescribed duration and prescribed dose without consulting your doctor.
Mode of Action of Neorelax 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle-relaxing agent which acts at the spinal cord level where it blocks the pain pathway thereby decreasing the pain.
Directions for Use of Neorelax 8 MG
- Neorelax Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Neorelax 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Neorelax Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- There are chances of liver toxicity if you take this medicine along with other pain killers like diclofenac, aceclofenac, paracetamol, so always consult your doctor before taking your medicines.
Storage and disposal of Neorelax 8 MG
- Store Neorelax Capsule below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep them out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Neorelax 8 MG
An overdose may increase the side effects of this medicine. If you think you have taken Neorelax Capsule more than that required, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Neorelax Capsule, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Neorelax Capsule if I am taking Paracetamol for fever?
A: No, inform your doctor if you are taking paracetamol for fever along with Neorelax Capsule as there can be chances of liver toxicity when these two medicines are taken together.
Q: Is Neorelax Capsule is a steroid?
A: No, Neorelax Capsule is a muscle relaxant medicine that is used for painful muscular contractures like neck pain, lower back pain.
Q: Can the Neorelax Capsule be used for back pain?
A: Yes, the Neorelax Capsule can be used to provide relief from back pain.
A: Is Neorelax a painkiller?
A: Neorelax is not a general painkiller, it is used as a muscle relaxer. It relieves the pain and discomfort of acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions like rigidity, stress, stiffness, and muscle spasms.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed