Neocalm Plus Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neocalm Plus Tablet is a prescription medicine for schizophrenia and non-psychotic anxiety. Neocalm Tablet contains the active ingredients trifluoperazine (antipsychotic) and trihexyphenidyl (used to control side effects of trifluoperazine). Neocalm Plus Tablet can also be used in patients to combat anxiety in whom conventional treatment methods have failed. It makes the skin photosensitive, and it is thus advised to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. You should avoid alcohol consumption during the course of your treatment as it may cause drowsiness and sedation. Avoid taking this tablet with antacids as it decreases absorption. You should not stop taking Neocalm Plus Tablet abruptly, and should consult a doctor if you wish to stop taking it. Neocalm Plus Tablet only provides symptomatic relief. You may experience side effects like drowsiness, agitation, libido, menstrual changes, dry mouth, blurred vision and difficulty passing stools....
|You Save||₹2.21 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg),Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia and non-psychotic anxiety disorder|
|Side effects||drowsiness, agitation, libido, menstrual changes, dry mouth, blurred vision and difficulty passing stools|
Check more medicines with composition as Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Neocalm Plus Tablet
- According to CDSCO Neocalm Plus Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of symptoms associated with schizophrenia and non-psychotic anxiety disorder
Contraindications of Neocalm Plus Tablet
- You are allergic to trifluoperazine, trihexyphenidyl, or inactive components of Neocalm Plus Tablet
- You have glaucoma
- You have pre-existing liver disease
- You have any blood disorder
- You have bone marrow suppression
- You recently had a heart attack
- You have abdominal obstruction
- You have tardive dyskinesia (movement disorder)
- Neocalm Plus Tablet should not be administered to elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis.
Side effects of Neocalm Plus Tablet
- Menstrual changes
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty passing stools
Precautions and Warnings of Neocalm Plus Tablet
Can I take Neocalm Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Available data is insufficient to comment on the safety of the use of Neocalm Plus Tablet during pregnancy. Consult a physician or a gynaecologist. If you become pregnant while on Neocalm Plus Tablet, inform your doctor immediately. Do not stop your tablets as your symptoms may reappear.
Can I take Neocalm Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Neocalm Plus Tablet is not recommended in breastfeeding as it may suppress lactation as well as may cause certain side effects in your infant such as difficulty feeding, sleeping, poor weight gain and lethargy. Consult a physician or a gynaecologist before starting breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Neocalm Plus Tablet?
No. You should avoid driving or using heavy machinery if you have taken Neocalm Plus Tablet, as it may cause drowsiness, sedation and inability to think correctly
Can I consume alcohol with the Neocalm Plus Tablet?
You should absolutely abstain from alcohol during the course of Neocalm Plus Tablet, as it can lead to dangerous side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and breathing difficulties.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have urinary retention or difficulty passing urine.
- You develop rashes after taking Neocalm Plus Tablet.
- You have trouble with vision.
- You have difficulty in standing or walking
- You have abnormal muscle movements.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun during the prescription of Neocalm Plus Tablet, as it makes the skin photosensitive.
Mode of Action of Neocalm Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Trifluoperazine acts by blocking dopaminergic pathways in the brain, thereby controlling the positive (disorganised speech and thoughts) and negative symptoms (emotional coldness, low motivation) of schizophrenia. This creates mental balance and alleviates the associated symptoms. Trihexyphenidyl acts directly on the parasympathetic nervous system. It blocks acetylcholine, a chemical found between nerve cells, that ultimately abolishes extrapyramidal symptoms associated with the use of trifluoperazine, such as abnormal movements, stiff muscles, and difficulty in standing or walking....
Directions for Use of Neocalm Plus Tablet
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully and consult a healthcare professional if you face any difficulty following instructions.
- Neocalm Plus Tablet is available as a tablet to be swallowed.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take the prescribed dose of Neocalm Plus Tablet at the same time every day.
- Do not alter the dosage of Neocalm Plus Tablet unless advised to be the doctor.
- When you rise up too rapidly from a resting posture, it might produce dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting. To avoid this issue, slowly rise from your bed, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing....
- Do not abruptly discontinue Neocalm Plus Tablet.
Interactions of Neocalm Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Neocalm Plus Tablet may interact with the following medications; therefore, it is critical that you inform your consulting physician about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking:
- Antihypertensives (blood pressure decreasing medicines)- It may lower blood pressure to an unwanted level.
- Anti Parkinson's medicine like levodopa and carbidopa- Their clinical efficiency may reduce
- Antacids like calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide- These medicines can decrease the absorption of Neocalm Plus Tablet
- Painkillers like tramadol and methadone- These can cause nervous system depression
- Antianxiety medicine like alprazolam and etizolam- These can cause drowsiness and sedation.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with your normal diet while taking Neocalm Plus Tablet unless directed otherwise by the doctor.
- Abstain from alcohol drinking during the course of your treatment with Neocalm Plus Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Neocalm Plus Tablet
To keep Neocalm Plus Tablet out of the reach of children, keep it in a tightly closed container. It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture. To prevent pets, children, and others from accidentally consuming unused medicines, they should be properly disposed of as biomedical waste. Do not flush the Neocalm Plus Tablet down the toilet....
Dosage of Neocalm Plus Tablet
An overdose of Neocalm Plus Tablet can cause side effects like abnormal movements, irritability, dry mouth, irregular heart rate and palpitations, high body temperature, sedation, and drowsiness. If the patient is unconscious, collapses, has difficulty breathing, seizures, or cannot be woken up, they should be immediately taken to the emergency department....
Missed a Dose
Neocalm Plus Tablet should be taken as prescribed by a doctor. Take the missed dose at the earliest. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the one you have missed and take the scheduled dose. Never increase the doses unless prescribed by a doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Neocalm Plus Tablet addictive?
A: No, Neocalm Plus Tablet is not addictive. However, if you stop this tablet suddenly, you may experience drowsiness, tremors, nausea, and vomiting.
Q: What should I do if I feel constipated from Neocalm Plus Tablet?
A: If you feel constipated after taking Neocalm Plus Tablet, eat lots of fibre, fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of liquids. Consult a physician if constipation still persists.
Q: Can I experience any sexual problems during the course of my treatment with Neocalm Plus Tablet?
A: You may experience certain problems such as impotence, decreased libido and erectile dysfunction while taking Neocalm Plus Tablet. You should immediately consult a doctor if you experience any of these issues.
- Drugs H. Trifluoperazine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Slam.nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - TRIFLUOPERAZINE tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Trihexyphenidyl: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Slam.nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - TRIHEXYPHENIDYL HYDROCHLORIDE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- MSD Manual Professional Edition [Internet]. MSD Manual Professional Edition. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- Trifluoperazine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
- Trihexyphenidyl [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 February 2022]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.