Nacel 400mg Injection 2ml
Nacel 400 MG Description
Nacel Injection is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases associated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, shortness of breath (emphysema), p
roduction of thick sticky mucus (cystic fibrosis) are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. It contains acetylcysteine which belongs to a class of medicines known as mucolytics (medicines that make the mucus less thick and sticky). Acetylcysteine present in Nacel Injection helps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out.
Uses of Nacel 400 MG
Contraindications of Nacel 400 MG
- If you are allergic to acetylcysteine or any ingredients of Nacel Injection.
- Nacel Injection should not be used in children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Nacel 400 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Nacel 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop the medicine immediately.
- You have a history of ulcers and asthma.
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine.
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, then you should avoid long term treatment.
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience an increase in the secretions of the airways and lungs. You should contact your doctor if you experience any discomfort. Nacel Injection is less likely to affect your driving abilities....
Mode of Action of Nacel 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nacel 400 MG
- Take Nacel Injection as advised by your doctor before or after your meals
- Do not take more than prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Nacel 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nacel Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Antibiotics should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Nacel Injection
- Concomitant use of Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for heart-related disorder along with Nacel Injection can cause low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Nacel 400 MG
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Nacel 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Nacel Injection an effective medicine? Does it have any other benefits?
- Nacel Injection is being used as a mucolytic for a long time in lung and airway diseases and effectively reduces mucus secretion and improves other symptoms.
- It has excellent antioxidant properties that can be helpful for other disease conditions. Consult your doctor for more information.