Mypred 125mg Injection
By SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mypred 125 MG Description
Mypred Injection is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains methylprednisolone, which belongs to the class of medicines called steroids, as its active ingredient. This medicine should be used under the medical supervision of doctors or nurses. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop this medicine abruptly otherwise, it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. Before using Mypred Injection, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹33.33 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk of infection, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Mypred 125 MG
- Mypred Injection is used for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs.
- It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies.
Contraindications of Mypred 125 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any serious fungal infection, such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any antibiotics or antiviral medicine to treat that infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination schedule.
- If you have a blood disorder such as decreased platelet count (thrombocytopenic purpura).
- If this medicine is to be administered into the spine.
Side effects of Mypred 125 MG
- Increase risk of infections
- Fluid retention
- Mood disorders
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Eye disorders
- Delayed wound healing
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Mypred 125 MG
Can I take Mypred Injection during pregnancy?
Mypred Injection should not be given to pregnant women unless it is considered necessary by the doctor.
Can I take Mypred Injection while breastfeeding?
Mypred Injection passes into the breastmilk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by a physician.
Can I drive if I have taken Mypred Injection?
Mypred Injection can make you feel dizzy, fatigued and can affect your vision, thus you should avoid driving in case you experience any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Mypred Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your physician before drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop cataracts.
- You are elderly, you have heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- This medicine makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have any infections like a fungal infection, or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. Discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Mypred 125 MG
How Does It Work?
- Mypred Injection is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness.
- Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergic conditions, inflammation and other reaction during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Mypred 125 MG
- Mypred Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Mypred 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mypred Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Concomitant use of immunosuppressants like ciclosporin and tacrolimus along with this medicine may increase the risk of side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as distigmine, neostigmine, and pancuronium, if taken along with the ((name}}, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with Mypred Injection.
Storage and disposal of Mypred 125 MG
- Store Mypred Injection at room temperature and away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Mypred 125 MG
This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Mypred Injection on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take vaccinations during treatment with Mypred Injection?
A: Mypred Injection can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
- Depo-Medrone 40mg/ml Suspension for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- SOLU-MEDROL® Injection [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay