Mutech D Syr
By OLCARE LABORATORIES PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mutech D Syrup has a combination of three medicines, namely chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties. Mutech D is used for temporary relief from cough, throat irritation, sneezing & stuffy nose due to an allergy or cold. It works by reducing the symptoms of allergies, cough and nasal congestion or blockage due to allergy. Caution should be exercised while driving or handling any machinery as this Syrup can cause dizziness....
|You Save||₹13.50 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg),Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cold. Cough, allergy|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, dry mouth, itching, rashes, nausea|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg) + Phenylephrine(5.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Mutech D Syr
Uses of Mutech D Syr
Mutech D Syrup is used for relieving cough, throat irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, runny or stuffed nose due to cold and allergy.
Contraindications of Mutech D Syr
- If you have known allergy to chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and phenylephrine or any other ingredient of this Syrup.
- If you have high blood pressure, heart-related disorders such as incidences of heart attack and blockage.
- If you have serious airway related infection or asthma (this medicine should not be used for relieving cough due to asthma attacks).
- If you are taking medicines to treat brain-related disorders.
- If you are suffering from a urinary retention problem or an eye disorder called glaucoma.
- This Syrup is not meant to be used in children and breastfeeding women.
Side effects of Mutech D Syr
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Mutech D Syr
Can I take the Mutech D Syrup during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should avoid taking this Syrup as there is no safety information available on the use of the Mutech D Syrup in pregnancy.
Can I take the Mutech D Syrup while breastfeeding?
Mutech D Syrup should not be used by breastfeeding women as components of this Syrup may pass into the breastmilk and can harm the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Mutech D Syrup?
You may feel dizzy or drowsy after taking this Syrup. It's better not to drive or operate any machinery if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with the Mutech D Syrup?
Alcohol consumption, along with the Syrup, can make you feel more dizzy and drowsy. It is advisable to limit or avoid alcoholic beverages during the treatment and discuss it with your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from asthma or airway infection or disorder or wet cough.
- You have a blockage in the stomach or intestine or any part of your digestive tract.
- You have any type of heart disorder, blockage, high blood pressure or irregular heartbeats.
- You have liver or kidney disease or ulcers in the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from an eye disorder called glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You have an enlarged prostate gland (BPH) or experience difficulty in urination.
- You have a thyroid-related disorder or a tumour in the adrenal gland.
Mode of Action of Mutech D Syr
How Does It Work?
- Mutech D Syrup works by coaction of its three components. It has anti-allergic, cough suppressant and decongestant properties.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It acts on a certain part of the cough centre or brain and reduces the cough.
- Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. It works by reducing the swelling of blood vessels of nasal passage by constricting the blood vessels and thereby relieves nasal congestion or blockage.
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic agent. It helps in relieving symptoms of allergy. It works by blocking the release of certain natural substance histamine, which is responsible for allergic symptoms. Histamine is produced when the body detects any foreign substance....
Directions for Use of Mutech D Syr
Take the Mutech D Syrup as prescribed by your doctor. Use a measuring spoon or cup for exact quantities. Do not consume the Mutech D Syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Mutech D Syr
Interactions with other medicines
- Mutech D Syrup should not be consumed with or at least after 2 weeks of consumption of certain medicines used for the treatment of brain-related disorders such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline, etc. ...
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like linezolid and medicine used to relax the muscles like oxazepam and baclofen should not be taken along with the Mutech D Syrup.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Mutech D Syr
- Store the Syrup at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mutech D Syr
Symptoms of an overdose of the Mutech D Syrup can be agitation, confusion, fits, drowsiness, fusing and twitching of muscles. If you think you have taken too much of the Mutech D Syrup contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of this Syrup, take the next dose as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take while taking the Mutech D Syrup?
A: Mutech D Syrup may contain sugar or alcohol as addictive. It is advised to inform about your health condition to the doctor if you are suffering from diabetes, dependency on alcohol or suffering from liver disease.
Q: Does Mutech D Syrup contain steroids?
A: No, it does not contain any steroidal component.
Q: What is the Mutech D Syrup used for?
A: Mutech D Syrup is used for temporary relief from cough and allergic symptoms such as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal blockage due to an allergy or cold.
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Tordex Cough Syrup [Internet]. Torque Pharma. 2022 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Chlorpheniramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Dextromethorphan: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 3 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Phenylephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 3 May 2022]
Expires on or After