L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
By FOURRTS INDIA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
L Montus tablet is a combination medicine used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symp
toms. It contains two active components - montelukast and levocetirizine. Both the components of this medicine belong to the "Antiallergic" class of medicines. L Montus tablet acts by blocking the release of the chemical substance responsible for producing allergic symptoms. This medicine should be taken at bedtime preferably, to oversee the side effect of dizziness. Inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease and are on dialysis, as the use of this medicine in such a condition is not recommended....
Uses of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
L Montus tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitides such as a runny or stuffed nose, blockage in airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing, watery eyes.
Contraindications of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any other components of the L Montus tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
Precautions and Warnings of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take L Montus tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of the L Montus tablet on pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take L Montus tablets while breastfeeding?
Components of the L Montus tablet pass into the human breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the L Montus tablet?
You may feel dizziness or drowsiness after taking the L Montus tablet. Thus, it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the L Montus tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and increase side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as they can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- L Montus tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes, which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance that is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
L Montus tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken at night. It would be best if
you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store L Montus tablet below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of L Montus Strip Of 15 Tablets
An overdose of L Montus tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache. If you think you have taken too much of L Montus tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit th
e nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of L Montus tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double
dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicines like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can I stop taking L Montus tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking L Montus tablet until and unless your doctor advises you. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: Can L Montus tablet make me sleepy?
A: Medicine along with desired effects possess side effects as well, but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of the L Montus tablet. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor who might suggest another anti-allergic medicine that does not cause sleepiness.
Q: Is L Montus tablet used to treat cough?
A: No, the L Montus tablet is not used to treat a cough. It is used to treat common cold or allergic conditions.
Q: Is L Montus tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, the L Montus tablet is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-allergic class of medicine. It is used to provide relief from allergic conditions.
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- MTnL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 September 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Sep 2021 | 03:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved