By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monlevo tablet is an anti-allergic medicine used to provide relief from allergic symptoms such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. Monlevo tablet is a combination of two medicines containing montelukast and levocetirizine. This medicine blocks the action of allergy-causing chemical substances in the body. You should take this medicine at bedtime preferably. It can be taken with or without food. You need to follow all the instructions of your doctor while taking this medicine. Also, do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. This medicine should not be taken by children under 6 years of age and also by patients with kidney diseases and are undergoing dialysis....
|You Save||₹30.78 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Montelukast(10.0 Mg),Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rashes, fever|
Check more medicines with composition as Montelukast(10.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Monlevo Tablet
Uses of Monlevo Tablet
Monlevo tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as a runny or stuffed nose, blockage in the airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing and watery eyes.
Contraindications of Monlevo Tablet
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any other components of Monlevo tablets.
- If you have kidney problems or are undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Monlevo Tablet
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Precautions and Warnings of Monlevo Tablet
Can I take Monlevo tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Monlevo tablet during pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Monlevo tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of Monlevo tablet passes into the human breast milk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Monlevo tablet?
You may feel dizziness or drowsiness after taking Monlevo tablet. Thus it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Monlevo tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and increase side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as they can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- Monlevo tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Monlevo Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes the airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance that is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Monlevo Tablet
Monlevo tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken at night. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Monlevo Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Monlevo tablet contains levocetirizine and montelukast, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Monlevo tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for fits like phenytoin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, anti-anxiety medicines like phenobarbital, medicines for breathing problems like theophylline, etc....
Storage and disposal of Monlevo Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Monlevo Tablet
An overdose of Monlevo tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and a headache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Monlevo tablet worsen it?
A: Monlevo tablet is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take Monlevo tablets during an asthma attack?
A: No, Monlevo tablets will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can Monlevo tablet make me sleepy?
A: Medicines along with desired effects possess side effects as well, but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of Monlevo tablets. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor who might suggest another anti-allergic medicine that does not cause sleepiness.
Q: Can Monlevo tablets be used for cough?
A: Monlevo tablet helps provide relief from various allergic conditions. This medicine does not thin the mucous. Thus, this medicine should not be used to treat a cough. Your doctor might suggest the most appropriate medicine for cough based on your health condition.
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.