Minipril 10mg Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Minipril Tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains Enalapril as an active ingredient. Minipril works by relaxing the blood vessels thus making the blood flow easy and makes your heart pump effectively. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, reach out to your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine. High blood pressure is a critical health condition if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, blood vessels, kidneys. In addition to taking Minipril Tablets on time, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure....
|You Save||₹5.27 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, headache, feeling low, taste changes, fainting & dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Enalapril(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Minipril 10 MG
Minipril Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Minipril 10 MG
- If you are allergic to enalapril or any component of this medicine.
- If you have a history of angioedema (swelling without pain affecting the face, arms, legs) due to the use of similar medicine or without a known cause.
- This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are taking a medicine called aliskiren (for high blood pressure) and have diabetes or kidney problem.
Side effects of Minipril 10 MG
- Blurred vision
- Feeling low
- Taste changes
- Fainting & dizziness
- Low blood pressure
- Cough & difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain & increased heart beats
- Lack of energy
- Nausea & diarrhoea
- Rashes & allergy
Precautions and Warnings of Minipril 10 MG
Can I take Minipril Tablet during pregnancy?
A pregnant woman should not take this medicine as it may cause harm to the growing foetus. Inform your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine. Your doctor will normally advise you to stop taking Minipril Tablets before you become pregnant or as soon as you know you are pregnant and will advise you to take another medicine instead.
Can I take Minipril Tablet while breastfeeding?
Discuss with your doctor if you are breastfeeding while taking this medicine. Breastfeeding to premature babies and newborns are not recommended while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Minipril Tablet?
You may feel dizzy or sleepy after taking Minipril Tablets. If this happens, do not drive or use any machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Minipril Tablet?
Alcohol enhances the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine and hence should be avoided while taking Minipril Tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have been very sick suffered from excessive vomiting or had bad diarrhoea
- You have heart, kidney or liver-related problems and taking other medicines for the treatment.
- You are going to undergo any surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking this medicine.
- You are on a salt-restricted diet or taking potassium-containing medicines or supplements.
- You are an elderly over 70 years of age.
- You experience swelling of face, tongue, limbs, etc after taking this medicine.
- You have a problem in the blood vessels of your brain or have irregular blood count of certain blood cells.
- You are taking antidiabetic agents or insulin to control your diabetes; you should closely monitor your blood for low blood glucose levels.
- Any other condition if you have or you are currently taking other medicines should be discussed with your doctor before starting the treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Minipril 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Minipril Tablet contains enalapril that acts by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the formation of a substance called angiotensin.
- Angiotensin is a vasoconstrictor, it constricts or narrows the blood vessels and hence causes high blood pressure and makes your heart work harder.
- Enalapril relaxes the blood vessels and makes your heart pump effectively by blocking the formation of this substance.
Directions for Use of Minipril 10 MG
- Take Minipril Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it at the same time for better results.
Interactions of Minipril 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking other medicines used to lower blood pressure as it may lower the blood pressure further.
- Medicines or supplements containing potassium, frequent monitoring of potassium levels is recommended.
- If you are taking water pills or diuretics, discuss it with your doctor prior to starting the treatment with Minipril Tablet.
- Medicines used for mood or psychiatric disorders may further reduce the blood pressure and hence should be used cautiously.
- Lithium containing medicine used for certain brain-related problems if taken along with Envas can lead to increased levels of lithium in the body and toxicity.
- Medicines such as temsirolimus, sirolimus, everolimus used to treat certain types of cancer or to prevent the body’s immune system from rejecting a transplanted organ.
- Other medicines such as antidiabetics, aspirin, certain cough and cold medicines and weight-reducing medicines (Sympathomimetics), medicines used to dissolve blood clots, certain pain or arthritis medicine/ therapy containing gold should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Minipril 10 MG
Minipril Tablet should be stored at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Minipril 10 MG
Taking too much of this medicine can lead to a significant reduction in blood pressure, disturbed heart rate, palpitations, cough, shock, rapid or fast breathing rate, etc. In case of an overdosage reach out to your doctor or emergency department of the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as possible and skip it if it's time for the next dose. Blood pressure medicines should be taken regularly to avoid undesirable events which can occur due to raised blood pressure if not taken on time....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Minipril Tablet act?
A: It acts by relaxing or widening the blood vessels and hence reduces the blood pressure.
Q: How can I control my blood pressure?
A: Taking your blood pressure medicine on time and doing certain lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better. These changes include eating a healthy diet that is low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Q: Is Minipril Tablet the same as enalapril?
A: Yes, Minipril Tablet contains enalapril as an active ingredient. Minipril Tablets lower the blood pressure.
Q: Is Minipril Tablet effective for cough?
A: No, Minipril Tablet is not effective against cough.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.