Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Minipress Xl Tablet is a anti hypertensive medicine used for lowering high blood pressure.The active component in this medicine is Prazosin. It works by relaxing the blood vessels making blood flow ea
sier within the body. High blood pressure is a severe medical condition. Therefore, it is very important to take medication on time and for the exact duration as prescribed. Failing to complete the treatment may lead to damage to the heart, brain, blood vessels, kidneys, and other body parts and can impose other medical conditions....
Uses of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Minipress Xl Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
If you are allergic to Prazosin, similar tablet to it, or any of the ingredient of Minipress Xl Tablettablet.
Side effects of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- feeling low,
- dry mouth
- nasal congestion,
- difficulty in breathing
- lack of energy and weakness
- Frequent urination,
Precautions and Warnings of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take Minipress Xl Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limted data reagarding safety of Minipress Xl Tablet during pregnancy. Hence, it should be not be used in pregnancy unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Minipress Xl Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Minipress Xl Tablet passes into the breast milk in a small amount. Hence, caution is advised before breastfeeding during the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Minipress Xl Tablet?
You may feel dizziness, weakness, drowsiness after taking this medicine. it is recommeded to avoid driving or operating any machinery while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Minipress Xl Tablet?
During the treatment, alcohol consumption can cause dizziness or you may get feeling of pass out, especially when getting up from a sitting or lying position. Hence, it is advised to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a problem in passing urine or inability, hold urine in the bladder or history of fainting after passing urine.
- You had a heart attack in past or existing heart failure.
- You may experience water retention or weight gain after taking this medicine, in such case, inform your doctor immediately.
- You may experience postural hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing from a sitting position accompanied by fainting and lightheadedness).
- You may feel numbness in some parts of the body (Raynaud's disease), such patients need to be monitored closely.
- You are going to have cataract surgery, you need to inform your doctor in advance because it can cause complications during the surgery.
- You experience prolonged erection of penis (Priapism) sometimes longer than 4 hours, seek medical assistance quickly as it can lead to damage to penile tissue and loss of potency.
Mode of Action of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by the blood against the walls of blood vessels. In case of hypertension, this pressure increases. Minipress Xl Tablet acts by relaxing and widening the blood ve
ssels to flow more easily. This ultimately leads to a drop in high blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Take Minipress Xl Tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Never stop the medicine as it may lead to a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Interactions of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Sildenafil, Tadalafil and Vardenafil (used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction) with Minipress Xl Tablet can lead to a drop in blood pressure in some patients.
- Be cautious if you are already taking medicines for high blood pressure such as Propranolol and Atenolol (Beta-blockers).
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking medicines to treat heart disorders, diabetes, gout, sedatives or any painkillers or anti-inflammatory medicines.
Storage and disposal of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Minipress Xl 2.5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Minipress Xl Tablet may include drowsiness, underactive reflexes, or sometimes drop in blood pressure. If you think you have taken excess dose of this medicine and exper
ience any such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose
of this tablet to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any harm if I miss the dose of Minipress Xl Tablet?
A: Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. So it is advised to take your medicines regularly at the same time every day.
Q: What is Minipress Xl Tablet used for?
A: Minipress Xl Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure, which can lead to severe damage to many organs if left untreated.
Q: How Minipress Xl Tablet works?
A: Minipress Xl Tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels and thus decreases the blood pressure.
Q: What is the dose of Minipress Xl Tablet used for hypertension?
A: The dose and duration depend on the severity of your condition, age, and various other factors. Your doctor shall be able to give you more information on this.
Q: Can I take other medicines to reduce high blood pressure along with Minipress Xl Tablet 5mg?
A: No, you should not consume multiple medicines on your own. Discuss with your doctor, and he/she should be able to give you the right information.
Q: Is taking Minipress Xl Tablet tablets sufficient to control high blood pressure?
- No, Medicines and a healthy lifestyle, play an essential role in maintaining optimal blood pressure. One should follow a DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension), discuss with your doctor for more information about it....Read more
- Maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding smoking and drinking, performing aerobic exercises, and limiting salt intake are the few other lifestyle modifications that can help control high blood pressure.
Last Updated on: 02 Apr 2021 | 09:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved