Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Microcef Cv Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid that belongs to the 'Cephalosporin' and 'Beta-Lactamase' class of medicine respectively. Microcef Cv Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin caused by various bacterial organisms. Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic acid in Microcef Cv Tablet work in a synergistic manner to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences. The common side effects of Microcef Cv Tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or the condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹51.80 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
Uses of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
Microcef Cv Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of different parts of the body such as the urinary tract, lungs, throat, skin, ear, reproductive tract.
Contraindications of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Microcef Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria clostridium difficile....
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
Can I take Microcef Cv Tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited data available about the effect of Microcef Cv Tablet during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to take this medicine, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Microcef Cv Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Microcef Cv Tablet pass into the breastmilk and can cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby, though not everyone experiences it. Hence, it should not be taken during breastfeeding, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Microcef Cv Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken Microcef Cv Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Microcef Cv Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol when taking Microcef Cv Tablet as it can cause facial flushing, nausea, vomiting or a more severe reaction. Talk to your doctor if you take it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You are an alcoholic.
Mode of Action of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
Microcef Cv Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, as may lead to treatment failure....
Interactions of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Microcef Cv Tablet contains Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering drugs like antacids, ranitidine, cimetidine with Microcef Cv Tablet decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Microcef Cv Tablet increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Microcef Cv Tablet may increase the risk of kidney disease.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are currently taking to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
- Store Microcef Cv Tablet at or below 25°in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Microcef Cv 200mg Tablet
- An overdose of Microcef Cv Tablet may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea; and if have kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases (encephalopathy) may occur.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Microcef Cv Tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of Microcef Cv Tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccur.
Q: I have the flu, can I take Microcef Cv Tablet?
A: Flu is the common cold that is generally caused by viruses. This medicine only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self-medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Can Microcef Cv Tablet be used to treat throat infection?
A: Yes, Microcef Cv Tablet can be used to treat the throat infection caused by various susceptible bacterial organisms. Your doctor might prescribe you the one based on causative organisms and their sensitivity to this medicine.
Q: Can I take Microcef Cv Tablet without food?
A: Microcef Cv Tablet should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach, also it enhances the absorption of this medicine thereby consuming this medicine on an empty stomach can result in an upset stomach.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.