Monocef O Cv 200/125 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Monocef-O CV Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin caused by bacterial organisms. It is an antibiotic that contains cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as their active ingredient. Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid acts synergistically to produce effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Take the medicine as suggested by the doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better, as it may result in treatment failure and increase the chance of reoccurrence of the infection. Always complete the course of antibiotic treatment. Before using the Monocef O Cv, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Clavcep Cv Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 299.00₹ 236.2218.27% CHEAPER₹ 23.62/Tablet
- Gudcef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 319.44₹ 271.526.06% CHEAPER₹ 27.15/Tablet
Uses of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Monocef O Cv.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You are an alcoholic.
Directions for Use of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Storage and disposal of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store Monocef-O CV tablet at or below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it in original packing in order to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Monocef O Cv tablet is an antibiotic used to treat various infections such as infections of the skin, ear, lungs, throat/neck, urinary tract, etc.
- It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor.
- You should always complete the entire course of treatment with antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine.
- Missing a dose or stopping Monocef O Cv tablet on your own can cause treatment failure.
- Do not self-medicate with this medicine.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- Before starting Monocef O Cv tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history if any.
- Some people who use Monocef O Cv tablets may have headaches, nausea/vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, and skin rash. If these side effects worry you or do not go away, let your doctor know.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking this tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- An overdose of Monocef-O CV tablet may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea and if have kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases (encephalopathy) may occur.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy cefpodoxime....
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Interactions of MONOCEF O CV 200/125 MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines alter the effect of Monocef-O CV tablet or the medicine itself alter the effect of other medicines.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines like antacids, ranitidine and cimetidine with Monocef-O CV medicine, decrease the effect of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of probenecid with Monocef-O CV medicine increases the effect of the medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney like amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Monocef-O CV tablet may increase the risk of kidney disease.
- Discuss with the doctor about the other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you take to avoid possible interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Monocef-O CV medicine?
Q: Can I take the Monocef-O CV medicine in case I have flu?
Q: Can I use Monocef-O CV medicine for throat infections?
Q: Can I take the Monocef-O CV medicine without food?
Q: Can I stop taking Monocef-O CV 200, if I feel relieved?
Q: What is the composition of Monocef-O CV 200?
Q: Is Monocef-O CV safe in pregnancy?
Q: Is Monocef used for dengue?
Q: What is the duration of Monocef o CV therapy in children?
Q: Can I take Monocef O cv for a throat infection?
Q: What is the dose of Monocef O cv?
Q: What are the side effects of Monocef O Cv?
- C-POX-CL Tablet [Internet]. Brosenterprise.com. 2021 [cited 19 June 2021]
- CEFOPROX CV Tablets / Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 19 June 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Cefdox tablet [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Cefpodoxime (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Clavulanic Acid - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]