Metro P Oint
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metro P Oint Description
Metro P Ointment contains Metronidazole and Povidone-iodine, used to treat wounds and burns of the skin. It works by killing the microorganisms. Metro P Ointment is for external use only. Before and
after applying this medicine, wash your hands and keep the affected area clean and dry. Avoid contact with the eye. It should be used as prescribed by your doctor for the defined duration. If you experience skin irritation after applying this medicine, talk to your doctor.
|You Save||₹3.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metronidazole(1.0 %) + Povidone-Iodine(5.0 %)|
|Side effects||Skin irritation, itching, redness of skin|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BURNS AND WOUND INFECTION|
Check more medicines with composition as Metronidazole(1.0 %) + Povidone-Iodine(5.0 %)
Uses of Metro P Oint
Metro P Ointment is used to treat infected wounds and ulcers of the skin.
Contraindications of Metro P Oint
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole, Iodine, Povidone or any other component of Metro P Ointment.
- If you have thyroid disease.
Side effects of Metro P Oint
- Skin irritation
- Redness of skin
- Metallic taste
- Tingling or numbness of extremities
Precautions and Warnings of Metro P Oint
Can I use Metro P Ointment during pregnancy?
Metro P Ointment is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin are too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Metro P Ointment while breastfeeding?
Metro P Ointment should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have used Metro P Ointment?
Metro P Ointment does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Metro P Ointment?
You should not consume alcohol with Metro P Ointment, as it may cause undesirable side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had any allergic result with a similar class of medicine
- You have or had any blood disorders
- You have any other medical condition
Mode of Action of Metro P Oint
How Does It Work?
- Metro P Ointment contains Metronidazole and Povidone-Iodine.
- Metronidazole is an antibiotic, works by stopping the growth of the bacteria (or parasites), causing the infection.
- Povidone-Iodine is an antiseptic, works slowly by releasing iodine, which kills or prevents the growth of the microorganisms.
Directions for Use of Metro P Oint
- Use Metro P Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only. Apply it on clean and dry affected skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Metro P Oint
Interactions with other medicines
Since Metro P Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Metro P Oint
- Store Metro P Ointment at a temperature below 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Metro P Oint
- Excessive of Metro P Ointment may cause skin irritation.
- As Metro P Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overapplication are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Metro P Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Metro P Ointment be used for burns?
A: Yes, Metro P Ointment can be used to treat burns.
Q: Will Metro P Ointment solution stain my skin or clothes?
A: Metro P Ointment contains Povidone-iodine, which can stain the area where you have applied it due to its natural brown color. However, it does not permanently stain your skin and fingernails. The stain can be removed from your clothes with soap and water.
Q: Can I use Metro P Ointment on an open wound?
A: Metro P Ointment is an antiseptic used to treat or prevent infections in wounds such as ulcers, small burns or cuts. Special care should be taken if you apply Metro P Ointment on open large wounds as there may be a risk of excessive absorption of iodine in the blood, which may cause toxicity.
Q: Is Metro P Ointment safe to use in children?
A: Safety in children has not been established. Use it, if it is advised by your doctor.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed