Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Mefkind Forte tablet is a pain relieving medicine. Mefkind Forte is used to relieve pain associated with muscles and joints, headache, migraine, back pain, pain due to sprain, strain and injury, post
-operative pain and dental pain. Mefkind Forte tablet contains a combination of two medicines, mefenamic acid and paracetamol. It works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals that causes the sensation of pain. Mefkind Forte tablet should be taken as suggested by your doctor, do not take more than the recommended dose of this medicine. Take this medicine with food to avoid stomach upset.
|You Save||₹9.11 (23% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, skin rashes, nausea, vomiting, ulcers|
Uses of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dental pain
- Post-operative pain
- Traumatic pain
- Sprain and strain
Contraindications of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, paracetamol, or any of the ingredients of Mefkind Forte tablet.
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the digestive tract.
- If you have or had stomach ulcers.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- Mefkind Forte tablet should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Mefkind Forte tablet should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Skin rashes
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have an ulcer in your stomach or intestine or perforations in the digestive tract.
- You may experience changes in blood count or anemia.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure.
- You have a history of asthma or allergic reactions.
- You have fluid retention in your body (edema).
- You have a heart condition like stroke, heart failure or myocardial infarction.
- Taking more than the daily dose of Mefkind Forte may cause serious liver damage or allergic reactions, especially if you are consuming multiple products containing paracetamol or you consume alcohol too often....
Mode of Action of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- Mefkind Forte tablets should be taken preferably with or after food.
Interactions of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Mefkind Forte Tablet works or the Mefkind Forte Tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Especially, when taken along with medicines like Metoclopramide, Domperidone, Warfarin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with the Mefkind Forte can lead to low blood glucose.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Colestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol.
- Mefkind forte tablets should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with the Mefkind Forte tablets.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Mefkind Forte Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.