Mefdol Forte 500mg Tablets
By BAL PHARMA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mefdol Forte 500 MG Description
Mefdol Forte Tablet is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation of joints, bones, post-surgery and menstrual cycle. This medicine also reduces abdominal cramps during menses. Mefdol Forte Ta
blet contains mefenamic acid as its active ingredient. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor.
|You Save||₹2.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, bloating, constipation and stomach discomforts|
Check more medicines with composition as Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
- Mefdol Forte Tablet is used for pain relief such as pain related to joints, toothache, injury and muscle pain.
- It is also useful in relieving pain and cramps during the menstrual cycle.
Contraindications of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
- If you are allergic to this mefenamic acid or any of the ingredient of Mefdol Forte Tablet
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers in stomach or intestine
- If you have or ever had problems of intestinal bleeding or stomach ulcers with or without the use of painkillers
- If your heart, liver or kidneys are not working properly or you have any health condition related to these organs
- If you have a history of allergic reaction like breathing problem and skin allergy upon using painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen
- This medicine should not be used for the pain after bypass surgery of the heart and in pregnant women during the third trimester
Side effects of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
- Stomach discomforts
Precautions and Warnings of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
Can I take Mefdol Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy especially in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. It may affect the fetus adversely. It can also prolong or delay the labour, increase the risk of bleeding. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek medical help for a safer alternative immediately.
Can I take Mefdol Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breast milk in small amounts. Thus, it should not be taken by breastfeeding women. Your doctor may prescribe you with some safer alternative or if it is really necessary for your health condition, you may be asked to discontinue breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mefdol Forte Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, visual disturbance, spinning head, drowsiness after taking this medicine. So, it is advised to be careful and cautious while driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Mefdol Forte Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have breathing-related disorder or asthma. You are prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis and other lung and throat problems, need to be very cautious
- You are suffering from a heart problem, liver or kidney problem, or if you are taking water pills, the doctor may ask to monitor kidney function tests
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart problem, close monitoring of heart parameters are required during the treatment
- You experience stomach pain, bleeding in vomiting or black colored stools, then immediately inform your doctor
- You may develop skin allergies like skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc
- You are suffering from autoimmune disorder, systemic lupus erythematosus or you have a problem of fits, caution is advised
- You have high blood pressure and heart problem or any risk which can give heart problems like diabetes and high cholesterol as you may experience swelling and water retention during the treatment
- Caution is needed in elderly, use only for the number of days advised by your doctor.
- Mefdol Forte Tablet can impair with fertility, so it is not recommended for the women trying to conceive or taking any treatment for it
Mode of Action of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Mefdol Forte Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the inflammation, swelling and sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
- Take the medicine as instructed by your doctor and don't change doses of this medicine without consulting the doctor
Interactions of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Mefenamic acid may enhance the effect of oral anticoagulants like warfarin, close monitoring of bleeding parameters is advised
- Medicine containing lithium used to treat the mental condition if taken along can lead to lithium toxicity
- Concomitant use of other painkillers is not advised as it can increase the side effects of this medicine
- Medicines such as steroids, antidepressants, medicines to stop blood clotting and pain killers should not be used simultaneously as there is increased risk of stomach and intestinal bleeding
- You may experience fits upon concomitant use of antibiotics like Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin with this medicine
- There should be a minimum gap of 10-12 days use between the use of Mifepristone and this medicine as it can reduce the effect of Mifepristone
- Medicine like Digoxin used for heart failure should not be used along as Mefenamic acid can induce heart failure and reduce the effectiveness of heart failure medicine
- Medicines like Methotrexate, Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus and some hypertension medicines (furosemide) increase the risk of kidney damage when taken with this medicine
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Zidovudine and oral anti-diabetic medicine should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Mefdol Forte 500 MG
Symptoms of overdose include diarrhoea, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, headache, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, mental confusion, excitation, coma, drowsiness, tinnitus, fainting and occasionally fits. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital...
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive.
Q: Can Mefdol Forte Tablet be taken for fever?
A: No, this is a pain killer medicine and used to relieve mild to moderate pain.
Q: What is Mefdol Forte Tablet used for?
A: It is used to relieve mild to moderate pain in adults. Mefdol Forte Tablet is used for tooth pain, pain due to sports injury, muscle pain, back pain, migraine & pain and cramps associated with periods.
Q: Can I take Mefdol Forte Tablet on empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine preferably after meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Mefdol Forte Tablet relieve my toothache?
A: Mefdol Forte Tablet can be used for toothache if prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Does Mefdol Forte Tablet make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Mefdol Forte Tablet may cause sleepiness, make you feel dizzy and weak. Avoid driving or performing activities that require mental alertness
Q: Does Mefdol Forte Tablet stop the menstrual bleeding?
A: Mefdol Forte Tablet is a pain killer, and it has no role in menstrual bleeding. It is essentially helpful in relieving pain and cramps during the menstrual cycle. It functions by blocking the production of a substance prostaglandin which is responsible for generating pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- Mefenamic Acid [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
- Mefal-500 Tablet [Internet]. Bluecross laboratories. 2021 [cited 18 May 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed