Mectin 12mg Tablet
By MERIDIAN MEDICARE LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mectin 12 MG Description
Mectin Tablet is an anti-worm medicine. It is used for the treatment of worm infection. It contains ivermectin as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of worm infections in your intesti
nes. Mectin Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken before food. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or you are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney diseases.
|Side effects||Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Ivermectin(12.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Mectin 12mg Tablet
- Iverjohn 12mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 350.00₹ 297.50₹ 29.75/Tablet
- Ivscab 12mg Strip Of 3 TabletsBy Ethinext Pharma Pvt Ltd3 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.00₹ 72.00₹ 24/Tablet
- Vermact 12mg Strip Of 4 TabletsBy Lifestar Pharma Pvt Ltd4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.00₹ 105.79₹ 26.45/Tablet
- Ivrea 12 Mg Tablet 2 No'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited2 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.40₹ 79.39₹ 39.69/Tablet
- Ivecop 12mg TabletBy A.menarini India1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 29.00₹ 24.65₹ 24.65/Tablet
- New Ivermectol 12mg Strip Of 2 TabletsBy Sun Pharma2 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.25₹ 36.13/Tablet
Uses of Mectin 12 MG
Mectin Tablet is used to treat worm infections in your intestines.
Contraindications of Mectin 12 MG
If you are allergic to Ivermectin, similar medicines or any of the ingredients of Mectin Tablet.
Side effects of Mectin 12 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Mectin 12 MG
Can I take Mectin Tablet during pregnancy?
Mectin Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety information available in pregnant women. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before starting this medicine.
Can I take Mectin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass in breast milk in low amounts. Tell your doctor that you are breastfeeding while he/she prescribes you this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mectin Tablet?
Mectin Tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, thus it is advised to avoid driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Mectin Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it can worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You experience headache, dizziness, vertigo, blurred vision, fits.
- There is no improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- While on treatment your doctor may ask you to perform a routine examination of stool to check if the infection is getting cleared.
Mode of Action of Mectin 12 MG
How Does It Work?
Ivermectin works by attaching to the muscle and nerve cells of the parasite and increases the permeability of the outer membrane, thus eventually causing paralysis and death of the parasite.
Directions for Use of Mectin 12 MG
- Mectin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It should be taken without food. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mectin 12 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mectin Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Mectin Tablet should be with caution used along with blood thinners like warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Mectin 12 MG
- Store Mectin Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Mectin 12 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, weakness, skin rash, swelling, shortness of breath, fits. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Mectin Tablet?
A: Mectin Tablet is used to treat worm infections in your intestines.
Q: How to take Mectin Tablet?
A: Mectin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed