Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
By CIPLA LIMITED
120md Metered Dose Inhaler in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contains two medicines, Fluticasone and Formoterol which are packed as a suspension in a canister for an inhaler device. This inhaler should be used as explained by your doctor for the treatment of breathing difficulties due to asthma and other chest conditions where there is a narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of the airways and lining of lungs (COPD).
Uses of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
For the treatment of breathing difficulties due to narrowing of the airways (COPD) and asthma.
Contraindications of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
- If you are allergic to Fluticasone, Formoterol or any ingredients listed in this medicine.
- If you have an intolerance to certain sugars (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on the tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- A dry mouth
- Altered taste sensation
- Shakiness of hands
- Eyesight disturbances
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
Can I use Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler during pregnancy?
You should not use this medicine during pregnancy as it is considered unsafe for the developing baby. Consult your doctor and seek a safer alternative.
Can I use Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler while breastfeeding?
You must avoid the use of Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler if you are a breastfeeding mother. Use this medicine only if it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler does not influence your ability to drive. You can drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a thyroid disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart diseases.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have eye problems like glaucoma or cataract.
- You have disorders related to the immune system, kidney or liver.
- You are taking any other steroid medicines orally or an injectable.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
How Does It Work?
Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a steroid medicine Fluticasone which reduces the swelling and irritation of airways while Formoterol helps in widening of the air passage. Together both these medicines make breathing easy and provide relief in the symptoms of shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, etc. in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Directions for Use of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
- Learn the proper technique of using Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
Interactions of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with this inhaler.read less
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of inhalers should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Maxiflo 250 Inhaler
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as you may face some serious complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler addictive?
- Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler is not at all addictive. It is a very effective and a useful medicine for people suffering from breathing difficulties due to asthma and COPD.
Q: Does Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contain steroids?
- Yes, Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections.read less
Q: What precautions should I take while using Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Maxiflo Metered-Dose Inhaler with you.
- Get a new refill/inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved