Lumaglo Cream 20gm
Lumaglo Cream 20gm Description
Lumaglo cream contains a combination of fluocinolone, hydroquinone and tretinoin. It is used in adults to treat melasma of the face (dark and discoloured patches on the skin). Do not use this medicin
e to treat any other skin conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Contains||Hydroquinone(2.0 %) + Fluocinolone(0.01 %) + Tretinoin(0.025 %)|
|Side effects||Application site reactions like burning or stinging sensation, irritation, itching, redness.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MELASMA|
- Glomela Cream 20gmBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd20g Cream in TubeMRP 295.00₹ 250.75₹ 12.54/Gram
Uses of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
Contraindications of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to fluocinolone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Lumaglo cream.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a skin tumour or a family history of skin tumour.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need to be exposed to the sun for a prolonged period (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
Side effects of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
Precautions and Warnings of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction or an infection after using Lumaglo cream. Immediately contact your doctor.
- You are applying the medicine on a larger skin area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- You have any type of skin infection.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- You notice a blue-black darkening on your skin, immediately contact your doctor.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You should avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits, private parts. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- Lumaglo cream should not be used to treat any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- A prolonged application may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on the skin.), increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....
Mode of Action of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Fluocinolone is a steroid, which works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body (prostaglandins) which cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Directions for Use of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
- Lumaglo cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the application area.
- Wash your hands before and after using Lumaglo cream.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
- Store Lumaglo cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not freeze it.
Dosage of Lumaglo Cream 20gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lumaglo cream?
Q: How to use Lumaglo cream?
Q: Can Lumaglo cream also be used in children?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Lumaglo cream?
Q: Can I stop using Lumaglo cream if I start feeling better?
- DailyMed - FLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE creamFLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE- fluocinolone acetonide creamFLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE- fluocinolone acetonide ointment [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- DailyMed - MELAMIN SKIN BLEACHING AND CORRECTING HYDROQUINONE- hydroquinone cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 01 July 2021]