Lodiric Sr 250mg Capsule
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lodiric Sr 250 MG Description
Lodiric Sr Capsule is indicated for the treatment and prevention of gout and increased uric acid levels in the body. It can be due to varied reasons such as kidney disorder or certain medications. It
contains allopurinol as an active component. Gout is a condition similar to arthritis where there is sudden pain in the joints accompanied by redness and swelling. These symptoms usually occur due to uric acid deposition in the joints. Allopurinol in Lodiric Sr Capsules acts by reducing uric acid production in the body. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor at the prescribed dose and duration.
|You Save||₹10.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Stomach upset, diarrhoea, drowsiness, rashes, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Allopurinol(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
Lodiric Sr Capsule is used for the management of gout and increased uric acid levels in the body.
Contraindications of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
- If you are allergic to allopurinol or any components of this medicine.
- If you have liver or kidney function problems or heart failure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
Can I take Lodiric Sr Capsule during pregnancy?
Lodiric Sr Capsule may cause birth abnormalities. Hence, it should not be used in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Lodiric Sr Capsule while breastfeeding?
Allopurinol passes through breast milk and may cause side effects to the baby. Hence, Lodiric Sr Capsule should not be used by lactating women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lodiric Sr Capsule?
You may experience side effects like drowsiness or dizziness after taking Lodiric Sr Capsules. Be cautious while driving if you experience any side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Lodiric Sr Capsule?
Alcohol increases uric acid levels in the blood and thus increases attacks of Gout. Therefore, avoid alcohol if you have high uric acid levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience a severe allergic reaction of the skin after taking this medicine (Ulcersin mouth, nose, genitals, rashes and conjunctivitis).
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You have high blood pressure or heart problems.
- You have a malignancy due to which your body is producing extra urate crystals.
- You may develop a condition called xanthine deposition after using this medicine. However, this can be reduced by maintaining proper hydration.
- Lodiric Sr Capsules can dissolve larger uric acid crystals and can cause impaction in the ureter.
- Your TSH hormone levels may go high after using this Capsule.
Mode of Action of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Allopurinol present in Lodiric Sr Capsule inhibits the action of an enzyme xanthine oxidase. Xanthine oxidase is an enzyme that plays a crucial role in the synthesis of uric acid in the body. Hence, Allopurinol inhibits the production of uric acid and reduces its levels in blood and urine....
Directions for Use of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
Take Lodiric Sr Capsule with a glass of water. It should be taken with or after meals. Swallow it whole. Do not break, cut or chew the Capsule. Take it as directed by your doctor and do not consume it more than the prescribed dose....
Interactions of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines such as Azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine should not be taken along with Lodiric Sr Capsules.
- Vidarabine, an antiviral medicine, if taken along with this medicine can lead to toxic side effects and therefore, close monitoring is required.
- Other medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid, when taken along with this medicine can lead to reduced effectiveness.
- You may experience skin rashes and allergies if you take this medicine and antibiotics such as Ampicillin or Amoxicillin.
- Anticancer medicines such as cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, bleomycin, procarbazine and mechlorethamine should be used with caution with Lodiric Sr Capsule as there can be chances of abnormalities in the blood....
- Anti-hypertensive medicines such as captopril, losartan and telmisartan should be used cautiously especially in patients with renal impairment.
- Phenytoin, warfarin, cyclosporin and theophylline should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
- Lodiric Sr Capsules should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose off this medicine when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Lodiric Sr 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose may cause gastrointestinal disturbances like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea and constipation. In case of overdose, consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dosage of Lodiric Sr Capsule, take it as soon as you remember it. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. A double dose should not be taken to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I take Lodiric Sr Capsule?
A: The duration of treatment with Lodiric Sr Capsule depends on the underlying condition and the patient's response to the treatment.
Q: What is the dose of Lodiric Sr?
A: The dose and frequency of this medicine vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor.
Q: What is Gout?
A: When the uric acid levels increase in the blood, needle-shaped crystals are built-in and around the joint and cause swelling and pain in the joints, which can last for weeks. This condition is known as Gout.
Q: What are the causes of high uric acid levels?
A: There are several causes of increased uric acid crystals such as heredity, diuretic medicines, chronic alcoholism, hypothyroidism, certain chemotherapy medicines, kidney stones and consumption of food rich in a component called prunes (red meat, organ meat and certain seafood).
Q: What is the best time to take Lodiric Sr?
A: You can take Lodiric Sr at any time of the day, advised by the doctor. It would be best if taken after meals with plenty of water. However, try to take your doses at the same time of day each day for maximum results.
Q: What is the side effects of Lodiric Sr?
A: Nausea or vomiting are a few common side effects of Lodiric Sr. Although not everyone experiences the same. These symptoms usually go away with time.
Q: How long should I take Lodiric Sr?
A: You should take Lodiric Sr for as long as the doctor prescribed you. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended. Also, do not take it endlessly on your own if you do not feel improvement in symptoms, without consulting a doctor.
- Allopurinol 100 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Allopurinol 100 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed