Lobazam Md 5mg Tablets
Lobazam Md 5 MG Description
Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of epilepsy (seizures) and anxiety disorders. It reduces excessive and abnormal nerve cell activity, which helps relax the brain. Lobazam MD 5 mg Table
t belongs to the Benzodiazepine (BZD/tranquillisers) class of medicines. The active ingredient in Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet is Clobazam. Lobazam MD 5 mg works by blocking chemicals that make you tense and reducing feelings of anxiety and worry. The other uses of Lobazam MD 5 mg include managing restlessness, exhaustion, concentration problems, irritability, and sleep problems. It can also aid with symptoms like perplexity, uncontrollable jerking motions, loss of awareness, and panic or worry. This medicine may take a few weeks to take effect as the dose needs to be adjusted, and one may still have seizures during that time. The Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food. Missed doses may result in a seizure. This medication should not be stopped suddenly without seeing the doctor, as it may cause seizures to become more frequent.
Uses of Lobazam Md 5 MG
- Treatment of anxiety disorder.
- Treatment of sleeplessness due to anxiety and stress.
- Treatment of epilepsy and seizures.
- Managing impatience, restlessness, exhaustion, and concentration issues associated with anxiety.
- Managing symptoms including perplexity, uncontrollable jerking motions, loss of awareness, and panic.
Contraindications of Lobazam Md 5 MG
- If you have a known allergy to clobazam or any other components.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma. The usage of this medication may induce an increase in intraocular pressure, exacerbating the disease's symptoms.
- If you have depression, spinal or cerebellar ataxia (movement abnormalities), hallucinations, and delusions.
- If you have active liver problems. In the liver, this medication is broken down and absorbed before it is eliminated in the urine. The buildup and toxicity of this medicine may exacerbate your health if you have a liver problem....
- If you suffer from myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), sleep apnea (breathing stops and starts repeatedly), or respiratory disorders.
Side effects of Lobazam Md 5 MG
- Aggressive behaviour
- Breathing problems
- Difficulty in urination
Precautions and Warnings of Lobazam Md 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience changes in mood and behaviour. When taken in large quantities over an extended period, Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet can create medication dependence.
- You have suicidal thoughts and increased suicidal tendencies. Caretakers of young patients should be vigilant.
- You feel fatigued and tired for a long duration. Lobazam MD 5 mg tablet might make you weary and make your muscles weak.
- Lobazam MD 5 mg tablets should not be given to children under the age of six.
- Lobazam MD 5 mg tablets should be taken with caution in older adults over the age of 65, as there is a higher risk of side effects such as dizziness, muscle weakness, and weariness.
Mode of Action of Lobazam Md 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lobazam Md 5 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet. It could take a few weeks for the symptoms to go away.
- While using the prescription, ensure to follow all of the instructions on the label.
- Make sure to take the proper amount of medicine for the right duration of time.
- Take the medication by mouth. With a glass of water or juice, swallow the pill as a whole.
- Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet works well, with or without food.
Interactions of Lobazam Md 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lobazam MD 5mg Tab may interact with:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Do not use Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablets with opioids; it might cause respiratory issues, tiredness, coma, and even death.
- Lobazam MD may cause an interaction if consumed with any of the medicines mentioned above. The interaction between these two medicines can cause an adverse effect on the body. Additionally, in some cases, these medicines interact with each other decreasing the effectiveness of either....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine-containing foods like tea, coffee, and chocolates while using the Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet. Drinking too much coffee may reduce the efficacy of this prescription to calm the brain and worsen the condition. This happens because coffee stimulates the brain, whereas the Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet relaxes it....
Storage and disposal of Lobazam Md 5 MG
Dosage of Lobazam Md 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet a sedative?
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet?
Q: Is Lobazam MD 5 mg Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
- DailyMed - ONFI- clobazam tablet ONFI- clobazam suspension [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from:
- HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING INFORMATION See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from:
- PubChem. Clobazam [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Jan 27]. Available from: