Lifogem 200mg Injection
By SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lifogem 200 MG Description
Lifogem Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of various types of cancer such as ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer and bladder c
ancer. It contains gemcitabine as its main component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
|You Save||₹165.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, bladder cancer|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Gemcitabine(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Lifogem 200 MG
For the treatment of ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer & bladder cancer.
Contraindications of Lifogem 200 MG
- If you are allergic to gemcitabine or any of the ingredients of Lifogem Injection.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Lifogem 200 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection, headache
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Lifogem 200 MG
Can I take Lifogem Injection during pregnancy?
Lifogem Injection should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks. Use effective contraception during treatment. However, if you get pregnant while on treatment, immediately contact your doctor.
Can I take Lifogem Injection while breastfeeding?
You should not be breastfeeding while on treatment with this medicine, as it is unknown if gemcitabine passes into breast milk
Can I drive if I have taken Lifogem Injection?
This medicine may make you feel sleepy. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Lifogem Injection?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or still have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You had or are scheduled to have radiation therapy.
- You have been vaccinated recently.
- If you experience headaches along with fits and confusion, contact your doctor.
- You have difficulty breathing or weakness & are pale
- You gain weight, have swelling & shortness of breath.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Lifogem 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Gemcitabine interacts with DNA (genetic material) and causes certain changes in the DNA. This results in problems in DNA synthesis leading to anti-cancer effects.
Directions for Use of Lifogem 200 MG
- Lifogem Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Lifogem 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lifogem Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor if you are on radiotherapy & about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
Storage and disposal of Lifogem 200 MG
- Store Lifogem Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lifogem 200 MG
- This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Lifogem Injection?
A: Lifogem Injection contains gemcitabine, an anti-cancer medicine.
Q: What is the use of Lifogem Injection?
A: Lifogem Injection is used for the treatment of ovarian cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer and bladder cancer.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Gemcitabine 1000 mg powder for soution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Gemcitabine 1000 mg powder for soution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed