Levolin 100 MCG Description
Levolin Rotacap contain levosalbutamol as its main component. It belongs to the bronchodilator group of medicines used for asthma. It is used to widen airways to relieve symptoms of asthma and chroni
c obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This medicine blocks the effect of substances that produces tightening of air tubes in the lungs and relaxes them. Levolin Rotacap acts very quickly and its effect lasts for a long span. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from or suffered before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹7.39 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levosalbutamol / Levalbuterol(100.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Asthma and COPD|
|Side effects||Increased heart rate, muscle cramps, headache, dizziness, tiredness|
Uses of Levolin 100 MCG
- Levolin Rotacap is indicated for the treatment or prevention of symptoms associated with asthma, COPD, chronic bronchitis such as coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing and chest tightness.
Contraindications of Levolin 100 MCG
Side effects of Levolin 100 MCG
- Increased heart rate
- Fits or feeling a bit shaky, especially hands
- Muscle cramps
- Increased blood flow
Precautions and Warnings of Levolin 100 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of medical conditions like heart-related disorders or blood disorders.
- You have a thyroid problem.
- You are diabetic.
- You have a low level of potassium in your blood.
- You have an infection in your lungs.
- You should avoid smoking.
Mode of Action of Levolin 100 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Levolin 100 MCG
- The medicine is taken by inhalation only, using your rotahaler.
- You should use your Levolin Rotacap at any time of the day, with or without food, for bronchospasm or asthma attack.
- You should inhale the contents of Levolin Rotacap, 15 minutes before exercise or exposure to a known allergen.
- You should take your Levolin Rotacap dosage as long as recommended by your doctor for treatment of bronchospasm.
Interactions of Levolin 100 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levolin Rotacap may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Levolin Rotacap works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, brain-related disorders, heart-related problems or anti-asthmatic medicines, etc.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....
Storage and disposal of Levolin 100 MCG
- You should store this medicine below 25°C in a cool, dry place and its original packaging.
- Make sure this medication remains unreachable to children and pets.
- Keep the container tightly closed. Protect it from heat and moisture.
Dosage of Levolin 100 MCG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Levolin Rotacap a steroid?
Q: For how long should you use this medicine?
Q: What is COPD?
Q: Can I experience a dry mouth due to Levolin Rotacap?
Q: When and how should the medicine be consumed?
Q: What is rotahaler?
Other Products from this Brand
- LEVOLIN 0.63MG 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- LEVOLIN 50MCG CFC FREE BOX OF 200MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- LEVOLIN 0.31MG 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- LEVOLIN 1MG ORANGE FLAVOUR SYRUP 100ML
- LEVOLIN PLUS BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- LEVOLIN 1.25MG 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- LEVOLIN 50MCG SYNCHROBREATHE BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- LEVOLIN PLUS JUNIOUR EXPECTORANT 100ML
- LEVOLIN 1MG TABLET