Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Loxof 500 tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. It contains levofloxacin as its main ingredient. This medicine works by stopp
ing and killing the growth of bacteria that causes the infection. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medications along with the family history of any disease. You may experience headache, dizziness, diarrhoea and stomach pain as the side effects of this medicine, however, these side effects are temporary and go away on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Loxof 500 tablet....
Uses of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Loxof 500 tablet is used to treat bacterial infections such as infection of the sinus, sudden worsening of the long term inflammation of the airways, infection of the lungs, urinary tract, skin and so
ft tissue in adults....
Contraindications of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of the Loxof 500 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to the bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Sleeping disorders
- Increased liver enzyme
Precautions and Warnings of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Loxof 500 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Loxof 500 tablet during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Loxof 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of the Loxof 500 tablet on a nursing mother. It might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Loxof 500 tablet?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking the Loxof 500 tablet. Thus, be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Loxof 500 tablet?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking the Loxof 500 tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicines belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases including irregular heartbeats.
- You are on any medication to treat irregular heartbeats.
- You have or had liver, kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or a psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness, or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterised by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbances in blood glucose levels after taking the Loxof 500 tablet.
- You experience vision disorders or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking the Loxof 500 tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure to direct or indirect sunlight when on Loxof 500 tablet, always use sunscreen.
- Loxof 500 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Loxof 500 tablet works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Loxof 500 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by yo
Interactions of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines known as corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling.
- Medicines used as blood thinners like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline.
- Medicines used as painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, fenbufen, ketoprofen and indomethacin.
- Medicines used after organ transplants like cyclosporin.
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like quinidine, hydroquinone, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, ibutilide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like imipramine, amitriptyline.
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin.
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions.
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections like didanosine.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....Read more
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking Loxof 500 tablet with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Loxof 500 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of Loxof 500 tablet may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Loxof 500 tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking the Loxof 500 tablet?
A: Loxof 500 tablet can interact with other drugs, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take when using the Loxof 500 tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or an inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor....Read more
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water.
Q: Can I stop taking the Loxof 500 tablet in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
A: No, do not stop taking Loxof 500 tablet in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotics should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: Can the use of Loxof 500 tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Loxof 500 can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....Read more
Q: Is Loxof 500 used for urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Loxof 500 tablet can be used to treat urinary tract infection (UTI). However, this medicine is prescribed if the infection-causing organism is sensitive to this medicine.
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Levaquin (levofloxacin) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- LEVOFLOXACIN - levofloxacin tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Sep 2021 | 02:50 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved