Loxof 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Loxof 500 MG Description
Loxof 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing levofloxacin as its main ingredient. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. Levofloxacin
works by stopping and killing the growth of bacteria that causes the infection. This medicine should not be used by children below 18 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Always complete the entire course of treatment with Loxof 500. You may experience headache, dizziness, diarrhoea and stomach pain as the side effects of this medicine, however, these side effects are temporary and go away on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Loxof 500 tablet.
Uses of Loxof 500 MG
Contraindications of Loxof 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of Loxof 500 tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone.
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (a tissue connecting muscles to the bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Loxof 500 MG
- Sleeping disorders
- Increased liver enzyme
Precautions and Warnings of Loxof 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your age is 60 years or above.
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicines belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases including irregular heartbeats.
- You are on any medication to treat irregular heartbeats.
- You have or had liver or kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or a psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterised by painful swelling, inflammation and immobilization.
- You experience disturbances in blood glucose levels after taking Loxof 500 tablet.
- You experience vision disorders or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking Loxof 500 tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure to direct or indirect sunlight when on Loxof 500 tablet, always use sunscreen.
- Loxof 500 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Loxof 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Loxof 500 MG
Interactions of Loxof 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines known as corticosteroids are used to treat inflammation and swelling.
- Medicines are used as blood thinners like warfarin.
- Medicines are used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline.
- Medicines used as painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, fenbufen, ketoprofen and indomethacin.
- Medicines used after organ transplants like cyclosporin.
- Medicines that alter heart rhythms like quinidine, hydroquinone, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide and ibutilide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like imipramine, amitriptyline, etc.
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin, etc.
- Medicines are used to treat mental health conditions.
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate, cimetidine and probenecid.
- Medicines are used to treat HIV infections like didanosine.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine....
- Inform your doctor about all the other medicines, herbal preparation, over the counter medicines or supplements.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking Loxof 500 tablet with orange juice.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior to or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Loxof 500 MG
- Store Loxof 500 tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Loxof 500 MG
- An overdose of Loxof 500 tablet may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits and nausea.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking tab Loxof 500?
Q: What precautions should I take when using Loxof tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or an inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water.
Q: Can I stop taking Loxof 500mg tablet in the middle if I get relief from the disease?
Q: Can the use of Loxof 500 tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Loxof 500 can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....
Q: Is Loxof 500 used for urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: Is Loxof 500 a levofloxacin?
Q: What is the dose of Loxof 500?
Q: Is Loxof 500 tablet used for throat infection?
Q: Is Loxof 500 safe and effective?
Q: When should I take tab Loxof?
Q: What is Loxof used for?
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Levaquin (levofloxacin) tablets, for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- LEVOFLOXACIN - levofloxacin tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 April 2022]