Levcet M Syrup 60ml
By ZEN LABS INDIA
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levcet M Syrup 60ml Description
Levcet M Syrup 60ml contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
|You Save||₹7.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Montelukast(4.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(2.5 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Montelukast(4.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(2.5 Mg)
Uses of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
To relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis characterized by sneezing, stuffed nose and nasal blockage.
Contraindications of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, Cetirizine, Montelukast or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance)
- Children of age 6 months to 11 years with kidney function problems
Side effects of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
- Headache, sleepiness, feeling tired and weak
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, constipation and indigestion
- Dry mouth, blocked or runny nose and cough
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Rash, fever and ear infection
Precautions and Warnings of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
Can I take Levcet M Syrup 60ml during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Levcet M Syrup 60ml while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levcet M Syrup 60ml?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Caution is advised while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Levcet M Syrup 60ml?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and can give you symptoms alike rhinitis such as headache & respiratory discomfort. Alcohol is also known to trigger certain allergic response including allergic rhinitis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone or Prednisolone
- If you are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma
- If you experience rash and breathing difficulty
- If you are suffering from psychiatric illness
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts, in case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- If you are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria
- If you are not able to empty the bladder completely
- This medicine is not for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack
Mode of Action of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes that may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps make breathing easier
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions
Directions for Use of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
- Take the medicine as directed by your physician
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Be cautious before giving this medicine to children if they are on medicines used for fits like Phenytoin, Phenobarbital or Rifampicin (antibiotic)
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
- Store below 30°C protect from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Levcet M Syrup 60ml
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed to take any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses together to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can this medicine worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability or suicidal behaviour. You need to be cautious as there can be increased frequency of suicidal thoughts, in case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.