Lethyrox 75mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
Lethyrox 75 MCG Description
Lethyrox Tablet is a prescription medicine used in the management of Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a medical condition where the thyroid gland does not produce sufficient thyroid hormones. It is
characterised by tiredness, lack of energy, weight gain, constipation, hair loss, increased sensitivity to a cold, feeling low, and irregular menstrual cycle. Lethyrox Tablet contains Levothyroxine as its active ingredient. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone called Thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland. The mode of action of Lethyrox Tablets involves replacing thyroid hormones, which the thyroid gland cannot produce in a sufficient quantity, thus relieving the symptoms of hypothyroidism., Lethyrox Tablet duration and dosage should be as advised by your doctor. Avoid abrupt stoppage of Lethyrox Tablet without consulting your doctor, as it can cause clinical worsening of your condition. Tell your doctor about all other medications you are taking, as some may affect or be affected by this medicine.
|You Save||₹21.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Management of Hypothyroidism|
|Side effects||Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Increased Appetite, Sensitivity to Heat, Sweating, Weight Loss.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
- Thyroxinol 75mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 193.05₹ 164.09₹ 1.37/Tablet
- Eltroxin 75mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 172.03₹ 146.23₹ 1.22/Tablet
Uses of Lethyrox 75 MCG
- As per USFDA, Lethyrox Tablet is used for
- Management of Primary Hypothyroidism (problem in the thyroid gland)
- Management of Secondary Hypothyroidism (problem is in the pituitary gland)
- Management of Tertiary Hypothyroidism (problem is in the hypothalamus)
Contraindications of Lethyrox 75 MCG
- If you are allergic to a component of the Lethyrox Tablet, i.e. Levothyroxine.
- If you have an untreated adrenal gland disease.
- If you have a thyroid disorder called Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
- If you have heart disease, including Angina, Heart Failure or Heart Attack.
- If you have a high blood pressure.
- If you have Diabetes, your antidiabetic medicine dose may need to be adjusted because levothyroxine can raise blood sugar levels.
- If you have severe renal disease.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Lethyrox 75 MCG
- Increased Appetite
- Sensitivity to Heat
- Weight Loss
Precautions and Warnings of Lethyrox 75 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking Lethyrox Tablet.
- You have chest pain or other heart diseases.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have diabetes, the dose of anti-diabetic medicines needs to be adjusted because this medicine can raise the blood sugar level.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- You are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- You are taking other prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements or plan to take as there is a chance of interaction.
Mode of Action of Lethyrox 75 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lethyrox 75 MCG
- Take Lethyrox Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take a Lethyrox Tablet as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not break or chew the tablet.
- Take it on an empty stomach, preferably one-half to one hour before breakfast or as your doctor suggest.
- Take Lethyrox Tablet on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Lethyrox Tablet as it can lead to overdose.
- Do not take Lethyrox Tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Lethyrox 75 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect how Lethyrox Tablet works. This medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken simultaneously. Tell your doctor about all the prescription or non-prescription medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Lethyrox Tablet increases the effect of anticoagulants such as Warfarin, and it may be necessary to reduce the anticoagulation dosage to avoid bleeding chances.
- Lethyrox Tablets may increase Blood sugar levels. So, the dosage of antidiabetic agents should be adjusted accordingly.
- Medicines like Tricyclic antidepressants (e.g. amitriptyline, imipramine and dosulepin) response may be accelerated because Lethyrox Tablet increases sensitivity to catecholamines. Their concomitant administration may precipitate cardiac arrhythmias....
- Lethyrox Tablet enhances the effects of sympathomimetic agents (e.g. adrenaline or phenylephrine). Lethyrox Tablet accelerates the metabolism of B-blocker (propranolol, atenolol and sotalol).
- Anticonvulsant medicine, such as carbamazepine and phenytoin, may enhance the metabolism of Lethyrox Tablet and may displace them from plasma proteins.
- Effects of Lethyrox Tablet may be decreased by sertraline ( anti-depressant).
- Metabolism of Lethyrox Tablet accelerated by medicines like rifampicin, barbiturates, and primidone and may increase requirements for levothyroxine (thyroxine) in hypothyroidism.
- Estrogen, estrogen-containing products (including hormone replacement therapy) and oral contraceptives may increase the requirement of thyroid therapy dosage (Lethyrox Tablet). Likewise, androgens and corticosteroids may decrease serum concentrations of Levothyroxine-binding globulins....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid taking Grapefruit juice, soybean, walnuts, and cottonseed meal. It can reduce the effects of Lethyrox Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Lethyrox 75 MCG
Dosage of Lethyrox 75 MCG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I take a Lethyrox Tablet?
Q: When should I take a Lethyrox Tablet?
Q: Can I take a Lethyrox Tablet to lose weight?
- Eghtedari B, Correa R. Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 March 2022]. Available from:
- Levothyroxine 25 micrograms Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Levothyroxine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 27 March 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - SYNTHROID- levothyroxine sodium tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 March 2022]. Available from:
- Levothyroxine: a medicine for an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 27 March 2022]. Available from:
- Stewart M. Levothyroxine - Eltroxin. Thyroid hormone, side effects. [Internet]. Patient.info. 2022 [cited 27 March 2022]. Available from: