Lazine M Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lazine M tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. Lazine M tablet is a combination of two medicines containing Montelukast and Levocetirizine used to provide relief from allergic symptoms such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. This medicine blocks the action of allergy-causing chemical substances in the body. You should take this medicine at bedtime preferably. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be taken by children under 6 years of age and also by patients with kidney diseases and are undergoing dialysis.
Uses of Lazine M Tablet
Lazine M tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as a runny or stuffed nose, blockage in the airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing and watery eyes.
Contraindications of Lazine M Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine like levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or are undergoing dialysis.
Side effects of Lazine M Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Blocked nose
Precautions and Warnings of Lazine M Tablet
Can I take the Lazine M tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Lazine M tablets during pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take the Lazine M tablet while breastfeeding?
- A component of the Lazine M tablet passes into the human breast milk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.Read less
Can I drive if I have consumed a Lazine M tablet?
You may feel dizziness or drowsiness after taking the Lazine M tablet. Thus it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Lazine M tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and increase side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as they can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- Lazine M tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Lazine M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes the airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Lazine M Tablet
Lazine M tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken at night. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lazine M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Lazine M tablet contains levocetirizine and montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Lazine M tablet can interact with other medicines and produce an altered response.
- Some medicine may alter the way the Lazine M tablet works or Lazine M tablet can itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any interactions.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like phenytoin, medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like phenobarbital and medicines used to treat tuberculosis like rifampicin should be used cautiously when taking Lazine M tablet.Read less
Storage and disposal of Lazine M Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lazine M Tablet
An overdose of Lazine M tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and a headache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can the Lazine M tablet worsen it?
A: Lazine M tablet is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take a Lazine M tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, the Lazine M tablet will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can Lazine M tablet make me sleepy?
A: Medicines along with desired effects possess side effects as well, but not everyone gets affected. Yes, drowsiness is a common side effect of the Lazine M tablet. If the drowsiness starts hampering your daily life, consult your doctor who might suggest another anti-allergic medicine that does not cause sleepiness.
Q: Can Lazine M tablet be used for cough?
A: Lazine M tablet helps provide relief from various allergic conditions. This medicine does not thin the mucous. Thus, this medicine should not be used to treat a cough. Your doctor might suggest the most appropriate medicine for cough based on your health condition.
- MONTAIR LC [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Jul 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved