L Hist 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
L Hist 5 MG Description
L Hist 5mg tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its ac
tive medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. L Hist 5mg tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
Uses of L Hist 5 MG
- L Hist 5mg tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of L Hist 5 MG
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of L Hist 5mg tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of L Hist 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of L Hist 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of L Hist 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of L Hist 5 MG
- Take L Hist 5mg tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of L Hist 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way L Hist 5mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with L Hist 5mg tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of L Hist 5 MG
- Store L Hist 5mg tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of L Hist 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for L Hist 5mg tablet to work?
Q: Does L Hist 5mg tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking L Hist 5mg tablet?
Q: Can I take L Hist 5mg tablet along with paracetamol?
Q: What is the composition of L Hist 5mg tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking L Hist 5 mg tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: When should I take L Hist?
Q: Is L Hist an antibiotic?
Q: Is L Hist tablet used for cough?
Q: What are the side effects of L Hist?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- L Hist Mont Strip Of 10 Tablets
- L Hist Mont Syrup 30 Ml
- L Hist Mont Fx 10 120 Mg Tablet 10
- L Hist Mont Junior Strawberry Flavour Strip Of 10 Tablets
- L Hist Total Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- L Hist 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- L Hist Bottle Of 30 Ml Syrup
- Lhist Total 5 5 325 30 Mg Tablet 10
- L Hist Bottle Of 30 Ml Syrup