L Alerid Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
L Alerid 5 MG Description
L Alerid Tablet contains Levocetirizine. It is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It is also
useful to treat symptoms such as allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely Histamine. L Alerid Tablet works by blocking the actions of Histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to Levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
|You Save||₹4.91 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
28 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as L Alerid Tablet
- Kylazine 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 30.03₹ 3/Tablet
- Cetcip L 5mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.10₹ 57.03₹ 5.7/Tablet
- Okacet L TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.70₹ 50.16₹ 5.02/Tablet
- Levozet 5mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.30₹ 29.61₹ 2.96/Tablet
- Levocetrizen 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 24.50₹ 2.45/Tablet
- Levocare Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Welcare Pharma Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.00₹ 72.00₹ 7.2/Tablet
- Lisani 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.10₹ 5.61/Tablet
- Dehive 5mg TabletBy Prosaic Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 50.00₹ 5/Tablet
- Hatric 5mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.10₹ 36.63₹ 3.66/Tablet
- L Cetron 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.38₹ 76.38₹ 7.64/Tablet
Uses of L Alerid 5 MG
- L Alerid Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria,
- insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite.
Contraindications of L Alerid 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any liver disease
Side effects of L Alerid 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of L Alerid 5 MG
Can I take L Alerid Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of L Alerid Tablet in pregnant women. Hence, it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
Can I take L Alerid Tablet while breastfeeding?
A small and occasional dose of L Alerid Tablet is probably acceptable if you are breastfeeding but larger doses or more prolonged use may lead to cause drowsiness and other effects in the infant or decrease the milk supply. Consult with your doctor before consuming this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed L Alerid Tablet?
Caution is advised as taking L Alerid Tablet may lead to drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion. Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Can I consume alcohol with L Alerid Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause an additional reduction in alertness and impairment of performance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take for any allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of L Alerid 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. L Alerid Tablet works by blocking the action of Histamine and relieves allergy symptoms....
Directions for Use of L Alerid 5 MG
- Take L Alerid Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of L Alerid 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Medications that may interact with L Alerid Tablet are Theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and Ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of L Alerid 5 MG
- Store L Alerid Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of L Alerid 5 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, rash or severe allergic reactions. If this happens to you, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose of L Alerid Tablet as early as you remember. Skip the missed dose and avoid taking extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Suma Kunchur
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for L Alerid Tablet to work?
A: You can see the improvement within an hour of taking L Alerid Tablet. However, it may take some time to notice the full benefits.
Q: Does L Alerid Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
A: Yes, L Alerid Tablet can make you tired, sleepy and weak.
Q: How long should I continue taking L Alerid Tablet?
A: The duration of the medicine depends upon the condition for which you are taking L Alerid Tablet. You may have to take this medicine for a longer duration if you are using it to treat symptoms of chronic urticaria or chronic allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose). Consult with your doctor if you are not sure about the duration of using this medicine.
Q: Can I take L Alerid Tablet along with paracetamol?
A: Yes, L Alerid Tablet can be taken along with paracetamol as no interaction is found between these two. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed