Keticon Lotion 50gm
By GARY PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
50g Lotion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Keticon Lotion 50gm Description
Keticon Lotion is used in dandruff and flaky scalp. It contains a combination of ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione as its active ingredients. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibit
s its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Keticon Lotion should be used as advised by your doctor.
|Contains||Ketoconazole(2.0 %) + Zinc Pyrithione(1.0 %)|
|Side effects||Dry hair, skin burning sensation, thinning of the hair|
Check more medicines with composition as Ketoconazole(2.0 %) + Zinc Pyrithione(1.0 %)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Keticon Lotion 50gm
- Vdruf Bottle Of 60ml LotionBy Dwd Pharmaceuticals Ltd60ml Lotion in BottleMRP 261.70₹ 222.44₹ 3.71/Millilitre
- Kevon Zip Lotion 75mlBy Glowderma Lab Pvt Ltd75ml Lotion in BottleMRP 349.00₹ 296.65₹ 3.96/Millilitre
Uses of Keticon Lotion 50gm
Keticon Lotion is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff.
Contraindications of Keticon Lotion 50gm
If you are allergic to ketoconazole or zinc pyrithione or any other contents of Keticon Lotion
Side effects of Keticon Lotion 50gm
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Keticon Lotion 50gm
Can I use Keticon Lotion during pregnancy?
Keticon Lotion should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
Can I use Keticon Lotion while breastfeeding?
Use of Keticon Lotion while breastfeeding poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Keticon Lotion?
Keticon Lotion is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I am using Keticon Lotion?
There is no data regarding interactions between Keticon Lotion and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, worsens or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the Lotion does not get into your eyes if it does wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- You are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Keticon Lotion 50gm
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione are antifungal medicines. Dandruff is caused by a fungus Malassezia residing on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of fungus and yeasts by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes. Hence, it prevents the growth of fungus and yeast. It results in the death of a fungal cell....
Directions for Use of Keticon Lotion 50gm
- Keticon Lotion should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough Lotion and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Keticon Lotion may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Keticon Lotion rinse your eyes with cold water thoroughly.
Interactions of Keticon Lotion 50gm
Interactions with other medicines
If you were on any steroid creams for a prolonged time, it is recommended to withdraw it over 2-3 weeks, while using Keticon Lotion, to prevent worsening of an underlying condition.
Storage and disposal of Keticon Lotion 50gm
- Store the Keticon Lotion in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired products.
Dosage of Keticon Lotion 50gm
As Keticon Lotion is only for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Keticon Lotion, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the Lotion just to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Keticon Lotion?
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water
- Apply enough Lotion and gently massage it over your entire scalp
- Rinse your hair and scalp with water
Q: Is Keticon Lotion good for hair?
- Dandruff makes your hair brittle and causes hair fall
- Keticon Lotion will help you to get rid of dandruff
Q: Can Keticon be used on coloured hair?
A: Yes, it can be used on coloured hair.
Q: Will Keticon cure dandruff permanently?
A: Keticon will help control and get rid of dandruff. Keeping the scalp clean, proper head massages, not using harsh Lotions or hair colour and taking appropriate supplements along with Keticon shall help get rid of dandruff.
Q: Can both men and women use Keticon Lotion?
A: Yes, both men and women can use Keticon Lotion.
Q: What is the use of Keticon Lotion?
A: Keticon Lotion is used for treating and preventing dandruff.
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ketomac Shampoo [Internet]. Ketomac.co.in. 2021 [ Cited 01.April.2021]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- The effects of a shampoo containing zinc pyrithione on the control of dandruff [Internet]. pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed