Ionex Eye Drops
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eyecon Eye Drop is a combination medicine containing Boric acid, zinc sulphate, naphazoline, Sodium chloride and chlorpheniramine. It is used for the treatment of fungal or bacterial infection of the eye. It is used to wash the eyes to remove pollutants from the eyes and decrease irritation of the eyes. It is used to temporarily decrease redness, itching and watering from eyes due to pollen grains, grass, animal hair, etc. Burning or stinging sensation at the site of instillation, redness of eyes, blurring of the eyes are some of the side effects of using this medicine, if side effects bother you then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Ionex Eye Drops
Eyecon Eye Drop is used for the treatment of fungal or bacterial infections of the eye. It is used to wash the eyes to remove pollutants from the eyes and decrease the irritation of the eyes. It is also used to temporarily decrease redness, itching and watering from eyes due to pollen grains, grass, animal hair, etc.
Contraindications of Ionex Eye Drops
If you are allergic to boric acid, zinc sulphate monohydrate, naphazoline, chlorpheniramine or any other ingredients of Eyecon Eye Drop.
Side effects of Ionex Eye Drops
- Burning or stinging sensation at the site of instillation.
- Redness of the eyes.
- The blurring of the eyes.
Precautions and Warnings of Ionex Eye Drops
Can I use the Eyecon Eye Drop during pregnancy?
Eyecon Eye Drop is to be used locally as eye drops only and there are less chances of absorption in the blood. Still this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use the Eyecon Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Eyecon Eye Drop is to be used locally as eye drops only and it is not known whether this medicine passes in breastmilk or not. This medicine should be used by lactating mothers only if it is prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have instilled the Eyecon Eye Drops?
Using the Eyecon Eye Drop can cause temporary blurring of vision. Avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with the Eyecon Eye Drops?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Eyecon Eye Drops. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, glaucoma, heart problems, high blood pressure, an overactive thyroid, difficulty in urination.
- You have open wounds or other skin injury around your eyes.
- You are wearing contact lenses or you have a headache.
- Your eye irritation persists or worsens.
- You have burning or stinging sensation in the eyes, pain in the eyes, vision problem after using the Eyecon Eye Drops.
Mode of Action of Ionex Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Chlorpheniramine works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions to relieve symptoms of allergy such as redness, itching, watering from eyes, etc.read less
- Naphazoline is a decongestant medicine. It works by narrowing the blood vessels in the eye.
- Boric acid and zinc sulphate are antiseptics and work by treating the irritation and infections of the eyes.
Directions for Use of Ionex Eye Drops
- Use the Eyecon Eye Drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss any doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Ionex Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
Since Eyecon Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Ionex Eye Drops
- Store Eyecon Eye Drop at 20°C to 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ionex Eye Drops
Symptoms of overuse of Eyecon Eye Drop include redness of eyes. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have instilled extra drops of it wash your eyes thoroughly with water.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed an instillation of Eyecon Eye Drop, instil it as soon as possible. Do not instil more drops just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take if I am wearing contact lenses and using the Eyecon Eye Drops?
A: If you are using Eyecon Eye Drops and wearing contact lenses, you should wait for at least 15 minutes to put on the contact lenses after using the Eyecon drops.
Q: Does Eyecon Eye Drop cause pupil dilation?
A: Eyecon Eye Drops can cause pupil dilation or wide pupil as a side effect of naphazoline present in these eye drops.
Q: What precautions should I take while using the Eyecon Eye Drops?
A: You should not touch the tip of the eye drop container to prevent contamination of the eye drops, there should be a gap of at least 5 minutes between the instillation of any two different eye drops.
Q: Can I use the Eyecon Eye Drop for a longer duration?
A: Eyecon Eye Drops should be used for a short period of time in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by the doctor. It should not be used for a longer duration. If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
- Dailymed. Naphazoline. [Accessed on 13-Mar-2021] (online)
- WebMD. Naphazoline+Chlorpheniramine. [Accessed on 13-Mar-2021] (online)
- Drugs.com. Zinc sulphate. [Accessed on 13-Mar-2021] (online)
- Drugs.com. Boric acid. [Accessed on 13-Mar-2021] (online)
- Drugs.com. Sodium chloride. [Accessed on 13-Mar-2021] (online)
Last Updated on: 23 Mar 2021 | 11:48 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved