Intagesic Mr Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Intagesic-MR Tablet is a combination of three medicines, Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone. Intagesic-MR tablet is used for reducing pain, muscle spasm, swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. It is also used to relieve pain after operations and surgeries. Intagesic-MR tablet works by interfering with the production of chemicals responsible for inflammatory reactions such as prostaglandin and relaxes the muscles by painful signals to brains from the site of pain. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor, preferably after meals. Do not take this medicine for relieving pain before, during or after cardiac bypass surgery.
Uses of Intagesic Mr Tablet
Intagesic-MR Tablet is used for relieving pain and inflammation of muscles, joints and bones in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and injuries. It is also used for relieving pain, inflammation and swelling post surgeries and operations.
Contraindications of Intagesic Mr Tablet
- If you are allergic to Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Chlorzoxazone or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you are experiencing bleeding from stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function
- If you are pregnant or elderly (65 years of age or older)
- This medicine should not be used for relieving pain before, during and after bypass surgery of heart.
Side effects of Intagesic Mr Tablet
- Liver problem
- Feeling off balance
- Increase in liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Intagesic Mr Tablet
Can I take Intagesic-MR Tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it should not be taken by pregnant women. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of delivery or increase the risk of bleeding.
Can I take Intagesic-MR Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breast milk and there is limited data regarding the safety of this medicine. Hence it is advised not to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Intagesic-MR Tablet ?
It is advised not to drive or use machines while using this medicine as components of this medicine may cause dizziness and affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Intagesic-MR Tablet ?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen your liver problems and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you are passing black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have Systemic lupus erththramoses (an autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic then concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Intagesic Mr Tablet
How Does It Work?
Intagesic-MR works by the combined action of its three components. Diclofenac and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory property. Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant which works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Directions for Use of Intagesic Mr Tablet
Intagesic-MR has to be taken as advised by the doctor with a sufficient amount of water. It is to be taken preferably after meals.
Interactions of Intagesic Mr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect.
- Medicines like water pill can lead to kidney damage when taken along with it.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure.
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate. Discuss with yoyr doctor before starting the treatment.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam should be used with caution as Myospaz Forte can increase the side effects of these medicines.read less
- Medicine used to treat gout-like Probenecid, medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Intagesic Mr Tablet
- It should be store below 30°C.
- It should be kept away from moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Intagesic Mr Tablet
Taking Intagesic-MR Tablet in high doses may result in serious liver and kidney damage. Other symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Intagesic-MR to my newborn baby?
A: No, it is not safe for neonates or newborn baby. It is advised to consult a doctor.
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
A: You are supposed to tell the doctor your health condition like if you have diabetes, blood disorders, liver disease or kidney disease.
Q: Can I take Intagesic-MR for a toothache?
A: Do not take this medicine without consulting your dentist. The underlying cause of toothache can be different. Therefore, do not self medicate.
Q: How do Intagesic-MR tablets work?
A: Intagesic-MR contains Paracetamol, Diclofenac and Chlorzoxazone. Paracetamol and Diclofenac reduce the production of chemicals responsible for inflammation and pain. Chlorzoxazone helps in relaxing the muscles and improve pain and stiffness caused by muscle strains and sprains.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Intagesic-MR?
A: No, it is not safe to take any other medicines to relieve pain along with this medicine. Concomitant use of painkillers can cause adverse effects like gastrointestinal bleeding and liver damage.
- Bluecross Laboratories. Diclofenac+Paracetamol+Chlorzoxazone. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- Ciplamed. CIP-ZOX Tablets. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- Dailymed. Chlorzoxazone. PI. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- EMA. Diclofenac. SmPC. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- EMA. Paracetamol. SmPC. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
|You Save||₹12.9 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorzoxazone(250.0 Mg),Diclofenac(50.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Muscular pain and swelling|
|Side effects||Dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, weakness|
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved