Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
By WALLACE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Innomet Gp 1mg Tab contains a combination of Glimepiride and Metformin, an anti-diabetic medicine.
Uses of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
This medicine is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone is not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately.
Contraindications of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine
- If you have had heart or lung failure, recent incidence of heart attack and shock
- If you are alcoholic.
Side effects of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
- Metabolic disorders: weight gain, low blood sugar level which can cause headache, sweating, nausea, wet skin, anxiety and restlessness
- Stomach disorders: vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of taste sensation, metallic taste and stomach discomfort (pressure and fullness)
- Heart disorders: High blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, chest pain (arrhythmias)
- Skin disorders: Allergic skin reactions like rashes, itching, red bumps on the skin and sometimes hair loss, in case of progressive skin allergy, inform the doctor immediately, it might lead to shock
- Eye disorders: Temporary visual disturbances
- Blood disorders: Changes in blood cell count, anemia
- Others: Difficulty in breathing, decrease in vitamin B12 levels alter brain function and light sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
Can I take Innomet Gp 1mg Tab during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to use this medicine during pregnancy as this medicine may harm your unborn baby
- If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor may shift you from this medicine to insulin injections
- Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
Can I take Innomet Gp 1mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is advisable not to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it may harm the baby
- Consult your doctor for more information on the use of this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Innomet Gp 1mg Tab?
- It can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with Innomet Gp 1mg Tab?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works
- Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's doseread less
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test which involves injection of iodine
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake
- You have suffered through trauma
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future
- You have serious kidney and liver problems
- You have thyroid disorder
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- This combination is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone Glimiperide lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from pancreas
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
It should be consumed as a whole without chewing or crushing with a sufficient amount of water with food.
Interactions of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, Fenyramidol, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicine to treat depression (Fluoxetine), medicine to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin etc.read less
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pill, Phenytoid, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disordersread less
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugarread less
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pill, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this medicine works.
Storage and disposal of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
- Store at room temperature in a dry place
- Protect it from moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to severe hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up) & (low blood sugar)
- This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy)
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, fruity smell from breath etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
- Carry fruit or low calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking double dose
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucoseread less
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Other Variants for
Innomet Gp 1mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved