Imol Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Imol Plus tablet is a pain-relieving medicine that contains a combination of ibuprofen, paracetamol and caffeine. Imol plus is used to treat headache, migraine, neuralgia, toothache, sore throat, per
iod pains, cold and fever. It also helps in relieving from sprains, strain, muscle ache and musculoskeletal pain. Imol Plus tablet should not be used in children under 12 years of age and people with stomach ulcers, kidney or liver or heart problem. Imol plus can sometimes cause stomach discomforts and irritation. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor and do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed as there is a risk of bleeding and ulcers with this medicine.
|You Save||₹2.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ibuprofen(400.0 Mg) + Caffeine(25.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, indigestion, stomach pain|
Uses of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, ibuprofen and caffeine
- If you have or had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding due to pain killer use
- If you have a history of allergy including asthma, skin rashes or runny nose after taking painkillers
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers or bleeding
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function
- If you are pregnant (especially after 3rd month of pregnancy)
- This medicine should not be used in children under 12 year of age
Side effects of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Stomach pain
- Stomach ulcers
- Exacerbation of asthma
Precautions and Warnings of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Other General Warnings
- You develop skin allergies like rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- You have any pre-existing health condition such as kidney or liver function problem, gastrointestinal disorders, hypertension, any kind of blood disorder etc.
- You develop stomach bleeding and ulcers after taking this medicine.
- You have a history or suffering from asthma and nasal allergy.
- You suffer from an immune disorder, where the immune system acts against the body tissues.
- You have smoking habits or you drink too often
- You are pregnant or planning for pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Excessive intake of caffeine (e.g. coffee, tea and some canned drinks) as it should be avoided while taking this medicine
Directions for Use of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Use Imol Plus tablet as directed by your doctor
- The medicine is taken orally and may be taken with or without food
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water
Storage and disposal of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and moisture
- Discard the outdated medicine or if the medicine is no longer required
Dosage of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
- Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) which reduces the production of certain chemicals within the body and thus helps in relieving inflammation and pain
- Paracetamol is an antipyretic and analgesic. It acts on the brain and blocks certain chemical messengers in the brain that tell us we have pain. Paracetamol also reduces your temperature when you have a fever...
- Caffeine is a CNS stimulant. It helps in relieving pain and helps in improving the effectiveness of Paracetamol
Interactions of IMOL PLUS STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Ibuprofen, Paracetamol and caffeine any interactions seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with Imol tablet...
- Steroids if taken along with Imol plus tablets may increase the risk of adverse reactions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Antihypertensives and water pills may diminish the effects of this medicine. Diuretics can increase the risk of kidney toxicity along with this medicine
- Imol Plus may enhance the effects of anticoagulants, such as Warfarin. Thus, the combination should be avoided. Anti-platelet agents and antianxiety medicines should be used with caution as there is an increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Cardiac glycosides may exacerbate cardiac failure, reduce GFR and increase plasma glycoside levels. Imol Plus tablet should not be used for 8-12 days after mifepristone administration as this medicine can reduce the effect of mifepristone...
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours
- Tacrolimus and can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys if taken along with Imol PLus tablet
- Other medicines such as Chloramphenicol, Ciprofloxacin, Zidovudine, Methotrexate, Metoclopramide, Domperidone and lithium-containing medicines should be used with caution
- Do not take any other medicine containing Paracetamol, Ibuprofen or caffeine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Imol Plus to my 5-year-old child?
Q: What is the role of caffeine in Imol plus?
Q: Why tea, coffee avoided while taking this Imol plus?
Q: What should I do if I am having hypersensitive or allergic reactions after taking Imol plus?
Q: Can I use this medicine in viral infections?
Q: Is Imol Plus an antibiotic?
Q: Can I use this medicine if I have high blood pressure problem?
Q: Why should Imol Plus be used with caution while taking steroids?
Q: Can I take Imol Plus tablet if I have a kidney problem?
- Solpadeine Headache Soluble tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Anadin Ibuprofen 200 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 Aug 2021]