Ihd 20mg Tablet
Ihd 20 MG Description
Ihd Tablet contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called 'coronary vasodilators'. It is used for the prevention of chest pain or angina due to re
duced blood supply to the heart, for the treatment of Coronary heart disease (a heart condition where there is reduced blood and oxygen supply to the heart). Other uses of this medicine include pulmonary hypertension (raised blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs) and as a followup treatment after a heart attack. Before taking this tablet you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, similar medicines or medicines containing nitroglycerin. Take this medicine regularly along with making certain lifestyle modifications for better heart health.
- 5 Mono 20mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 37.89₹ 24.63₹
- Monit 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.15₹ 51.98₹
- Ismo 20mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.30₹ 103.95₹
- Nitrofix 20mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.62₹ 31.13₹
- Isonorm 20mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.07₹ 22.16₹
- Monotrate 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.75₹ 34.64₹
Uses of Ihd 20 MG
- For the prevention of angina attacks.
- For the treatment of coronary heart diseases.
- As a followup treatment post-heart attack.
- For the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
Contraindications of Ihd 20 MG
Side effects of Ihd 20 MG
- Lack of energy
- Low blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Ihd 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure or conditions that can lead to reduced blood pressure such as shock, thyroid disorder, anaemia, increased pressure inside the brain or more susceptible to faint upon reduced blood flow....
- Your thyroid gland is not working properly and producing less thyroid hormones.
- You are weak and malnourished, have kidney or liver disorder.
- You have very low body temperature or poor blood circulation.
- This medicine is not helpful in controlling sudden angina attacks or episodes of angina once it has begun.
Mode of Action of Ihd 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ihd 20 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this at the same time for effective results.
Interactions of Ihd 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used for erectile dysfunction such as Sildenafil, Alprostadil with Ihd Tablet can increase vasodilation and lower the blood pressure. This can sometimes result in life-threatening conditions like a heart attack....
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (nifedipine, diltiazem), vasodilators (glycerol trinitrate, methyldopa), angiotensin receptor blockers (olmesartan medoxomil, candesartan cilexetil) can result in a significant reduction in blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of mood disorders, psychosis and migraine should be used cautiously and the patient should be watched for the symptoms of hypotension.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Ihd 20 MG
- Store Ihd Tablet below 30°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ihd 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ihd Tablet be cut in half?
Q: What is the composition of Ihd Tablet?
Q: How does Ihd Tablet work?
- EMC. Isosorbide Mononitrate Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- AstraZeneca. Imdur Tablets. PI - [Internet]. Astrazeneca.com. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Isosorbide Mononitrate [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]