Ifimol Suspension 60ml
Ifimol 125 MG Description
Ifimol Suspension contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen as its active ingredient. It is used to provide relief from fever and pain in children. It acts by inhibiting the release of a chem
ical substance called prostaglandins, responsible for controlling body temperature. This medicine is meant to be used only in children. Shake the bottle well before use. Give the Ifimol Suspension as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Use appropriate measuring cups to give your child the exact stated dose.
Uses of Ifimol 125 MG
Contraindications of Ifimol 125 MG
- If your child is allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Ifimol Suspension.
- If you are giving your child any other product that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Ifimol 125 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Ifimol 125 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child had or has severe liver or kidney disease.
- You are giving your child any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol.
- Giving too much of the same can cause liver damage.
- Ifimol Suspension should not be used in adults.
Mode of Action of Ifimol 125 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ifimol 125 MG
- Give medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
Interactions of Ifimol 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine, do not take this medicine within one hour of taking Ifimol Suspension.
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol.
Storage and disposal of Ifimol 125 MG
- Store Ifimol Suspension at or below 25°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ifimol 125 MG
- Giving Ifimol Suspension in high doses may result in serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
- However, if you have taken too much of Ifimol Suspension, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose then give it, as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ifimol Suspension be used in babies?
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Ifimol Suspension?
Q: Can Ifimol Suspension cause constipation?
Q: Is Ifimol effective for fever?
Q: How long does Ifimol Suspension take to work?
- Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Acetaminophen [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Paracetamol 120mg/5ml Oral Suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]